Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mower advice and suggestions needed.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
When my last mower packed in a couple of years ago I took the lazy route and got a bloke in to do it.

Like all trades he started off ok but has got slowly worse to the point he rushes and leaves areas un strimmed and not mown.

Had enough and have decided to buy a new mower, almost certainly a petrol driven one and roller, not rotary..

Don't want to pay more than £400 for a decent mower. Having looked on line Hayter, Webb and Mountfield get good reviews.

What are your experiences and likes?

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Depending on the size of your garden I thoroughly recommend The John Deere 1600T Wide Area Mower.
Plenty of low mileage used ones out there. Might stretch your budget a bit.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Mountfield have lowered their guarantee from 2 years to 1 year for good reason. They trust their own product as much as I do!
Hayter are the weapon of choice for every mowing co I've ever seen & I have taken the hint

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I have an ATCO and it runs well. In for a service at the moment and borrowed my mates flymo. What a steaming pile of shit a flymo is. Spent more time raking up grass as all it does it blow the frigging stuff all over the place.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I've got a flymo. It's quite shit

agreed, sadly their old slogan of ' its a lot less bother with a hover' no longer applies!

I have an ATCO and it runs well. In for a service at the moment and borrowed my mates flymo. What a steaming pile of shit a flymo is. Spent more time raking up grass as all it does it blow the frigging stuff all over the place.

Another person who thinks Flymo are shit. I would add to that that Flymo Customer services are some of the worst I have ever dealt with. I was told by their adviser just to bin the product as it wouldn't last more than a year.
I even moaned about it on here at the time http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?303277-How-long-do-you-expect-products-to-last

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here