Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion sign Sheffield United winger Jamie Murphy on a four-yeat deal

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Brighton & Hove Albion have made a bid for Sheffield United winger Jamie Murphy.

As he's a player I admire I'm very much willing to get behind this one being a goer.

Always looked one of their more impressive players in their televised cup games this season and last - no shortage of pace and ability. 11 goals from the wing for them this season too.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
two goal scoring wingers....ok get 'em both in , get baldock fit , get colunga back and with cog that's the forward line looking good...!!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
two goal scoring wingers....ok get 'em both in , get baldock fit , get colunga back and with cog that's the forward line looking good...!!

I still think we'll need an actual goalscorer at some stage.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Looks like Lua Lua days are numbered then with all this winger interest....

he has played full back ........a while ago admittedly but maybe this is CH's thinking

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Looks like Lua Lua days are numbered then with all this winger interest....

That is undoubtedly a very good thing. Four years into his permanent Brighton career and he still hasn't managed to become a first team regular

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
For me 2 new wingers is as important as 2 new strikers... So glad we are looking at players like this. Not only did we have strikers who couldnt find the net last season but we also had wingers who had apparently forgotten how to cross a ball and provide the assists.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If Pete O'Rourke says it, then the story is legit.

He seems to know everything before anyone else

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Good player - would be an excellent acquisition, but will we be gazumped?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
he has played full back ........a while ago admittedly but maybe this is CH's thinking

Lua Lua as our full back! He finds it hard enough to make the right decision when he just has to run down the line! Has niether the discipline nor concentration to be a fullback.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I'm pleased we are sizing up bids for new wingers at the club.

Much has been said about our strikers' impotence, but our wing play (and crossing ability) has been a major factor in many poor performances. Neither Ledesma nor Carayol really fitted the bill, while Lua Lua continues to underwhelm in his statutory 'five poor games and one cracker'. Even the odd blockbuster performance seems amiss. I've really enjoyed watching him over the years, but feel a move would benefit both club and player. Sadly, March has been robbed of any chance to shine this year and there may be a doubt over his future fitness.

I'm not convinced either Colunga or Baldock is a natural winger. And I'm sure they would agree.

New faces please....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here