Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Blair's new job. European council of Tolerance. Worthwhile cause.

nickrhodes

May 1, 2015
Tony Blair has a new role as chair of this new European charity promoting tolerance and understanding in Europe tackling big issues like racism and anti-semitism.

Personally I think it sounds like a very worthy cause and I wish him all the best in the role.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Tony Blair has a new role as chair of this new European charity promoting tolerance and understanding in Europe tackling big issues like racism and anti-semitism.

Personally I think it sounds like a very worthy cause and I wish him all the best in the role.

Yeah cos he did a fantastic job as Middle East peace envoy. He really wrapped that task up tidily didn't he. Another self satisfied toxic ex politician riding the gravy train. The only comfort is that he is hated by most governments the world over and no reputable government will use him anymore.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I was hoping his next job would be in the kitchen at Wormwood Scrubs

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Worthwhile position, totally wrong person to put there. As the single one European most responsible for the Middle East mess that we currently have, I would like him to be , 'C Wing Bum Boy 2nd class' at Wormwood Scrubs. How he has never been prosecuted for war crimes is beyond me............

I did think he was a shoe-in for FIFA president mind you. The only person I can see at the moment who makes Sepp Blatter look plausible.....

TNBA

TTF

Last edited:

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
The odious Tony Bliar's next appointment should be in front of a War Crimes Tribunal. Fighting "anti-Semitism" in some quarters means labelling anyone who criticises the actions of the state of Israel as a "hater" and their criticism derided and dismissed regardless of its validity. For the record the organisation, set up by Russian-born businessman Moshe Kantor, President of the European Jewish Congress, and former president of Poland Aleksander Kwasniewski, campaigns for "European countries to pass laws to criminalise denial of the Holocaust and to provide clear definitions of anti-Semitism and racism".

It will not campaign for Turkey to recognise the Armenian Genocide of 1913-15 (1.5 million deaths), because Genocide denial there is official government policy. Neither will it campaign for Britain to join Canada, Australia, New Zealand and numerous other countries in recognising "The Holodomor", the slaughter of 6 million Ukrainians by the Soviet Union.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was hoping his next job would be in the kitchen at Wormwood Scrubs

He only goes after appointments that rake in a seven figure salary. I wonder if he will now convert to Judaism ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tony Blair as Head of the European Council of Tolerance? It sounds like something off 2012 or W1A.

What next? Jack Warner as Head of Legacy, Prince Ali as Head of Deliverance, Ian Fletcher as Head of Values?

nickrhodes

May 1, 2015
Hate to be controversial however I have met Mr Blair twice and he is actually a very decent charming man. He is also highly intelligent.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Hate to be controversial however I have met Mr Blair twice and he is actually a very decent charming man. He is also highly intelligent.

Perhaps you could arrange for Tony and Cherie to produce a cover of Morrissey's This Charming Man, set to a backdrop of bombing, destruction and apocalyptic visions of the future? I'm sure they would be interested in the royalties and would be available for live renditions of the song for a mere £330,000. You could call it "The Hungry for Cash Rewards Tour", in association with New World Order Promotions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN4r6wfddeQ

Last edited:

nickrhodes

May 1, 2015
Perhaps you could arrange for Tony and Cherie to produce a cover of Morrissey's This Charming Man, set to a backdrop of bombing, destruction and apocalyptic visions of the future? I'm sure they would be interested in the royalties and would be available for live renditions of the song for a mere £330,000. You could call it "The Hungry for Cash Rewards Tour", in association with New World Order Promotions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN4r6wfddeQ

Tony Blair could earn a lot more money taking a.consultancy job in the.city, trust me. He wants to work for a worthwhile cause which I feel is very admirable. A little more respect for s former PM wouldn't go amiss.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Another self satisfied toxic ex politician riding the gravy train. The only comfort is that he is hated by most governments the world over and no reputable government will use him anymore.

Speaking of which, his work in Kazakhstan last year may not seem totally reputable or set the best example for tolerance:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/aug/24/tony-blair-advice-kazakh-president-protesters
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...esident-tips-on-how-to-defend-a-massacre.html

Tony Blair could earn a lot more money taking a.consultancy job in the.city, trust me. He wants to work for a worthwhile cause which I feel is very admirable. A little more respect for s former PM wouldn't go amiss.

Yup so much worthwhile PR advice for dodgy dictators and the rest of us to respect there. Wonder how much of it was funded by Putin?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

He's an odious, self-interested, cash-grabbing little shit of very questionable motives (and yes I am a Labour voter)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

I met him as well and agree. People also perhaps fail to recognise the amount of good that his government did in its early days in particular.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Respect for what?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

It's a tad difficult to respect someone that took us into a worthless war and did it by producing a fake document. And then there is what happened to David Kelly .... nope, no respect for the odious little shite from me I'm afraid.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

People also conveniently forget that 90% of the western world supported intervention at the time and thought Sadam had WMD, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Not that I supported him at the time, but there you go.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here