Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4th best away-day.

BINNEYS BOOTS

Aug 22, 2008
Amex has been voted 4th best away-day in a poll of 4000 thousand fans. Top were Wigan with 7.83 next Derby on 7.82 then Hull with 7.79, Albion on 7.69. You could slum it up the road at 4.94 if you like! Details on BBC sport website.j

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
DERBY? Sorry, but after making us stand out in the rain under half a makeshift canopy at the play-offs, Frankie & Benny have made Derby a smiley-face-thumbs-down-clipart-aceRqezki.gif

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
+ Nice steep end, decent view
+ Let you out for a smoke at HT

- Don't sell cider
- Quite a walk from the railway station
- Only one offy in town and they insist on serving you through a hatch

:shrug:

They sold cider when I was there last season.

Well, I say "cider". I think it was Strongbow.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
This season just gone it was only Carling and Worthingtons :sick:

You must have gone to the wrong bar then! I know I had a couple of pints & I don't drink beer, so I can promise it was definitely cider of some variety :thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
4000 thousand fans?

4 million?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Is it better to get a high score or a low one? If you asked me what I thought about (say) Charlton away after a win it would go down as a decent away game. However after a loss you start to see what a crap area it is with a crap ground and crap fans.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Is it better to get a high score or a low one? If you asked me what I thought about (say) Charlton away after a win it would go down as a decent away game. However after a loss you start to see what a crap area it is with a crap ground and crap fans.

Ahh, you may have discovered why the away fans voted for The Amex last Season.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Wigan was one of of the better away days this season. Plenty of good pubs, beer was cheap, sun was shining

Just a shame about the total shambles that went on on the pitch

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Of course places like Wigan and Brighton feature high up on the list of away days. We were both complete shite and so those visiting fans usually went home with POINTS.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Of course places like Wigan and Brighton feature high up on the list of away days. We were both complete shite and so those visiting fans usually went home with POINTS.

Doesn't quite answer why Blackpool were third bottom then. Although, amusingly, still ranked higher than the slums of Croydon :lol:

I wonder how Crawley would fare if they included lower league clubs in this survey? Easy for most of us lot to get to, but I bet reviews generally wouldn't be favourable.

A long long walk from either of the two stations in town, not a single decent pub for miles, a dull town with little to recommend it for a day out, and a tidy but uninspiring stadium.

The only saving graces would appear to be a decent chance for three points for most visitors, and the fact that there's terracing behind the goal.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
...we scored most for being one of the very few giving away attendee nos. out and standing up to give them a rousing round of appaluse

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here