Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cynical about politicians ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Very good speech, here's hoping he is able to get done what he wants to.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im more cynical about the press that only bring attention to those MPs that suit their agenda/readership. im sure most maiden speeches are in a similar vein, no one goes off to Westminister without a well meaning cause to address, what ever some people like to think about some parties.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Very courageous speech and not at all partisan. It's often taken as read that ex-soldiers don't make good politicians, but clearly Dan Jarvis and this bloke are two of the most genuine people in politics. I make no bones about being a Conservative, but one reason for feeling slightly unhappy that we are not still in coalition with the Lib Dems is the fact that Nick Clegg was the only one of the leaders to raise the issue of mental health. Having seen my father suffering from severe depression over the last 18 months, including stays in Mill View and Langley Green, which were shambolic and awful places), I wish all politicians would give it priority, and I hope Johnny Mercer gets the chance to raise it with senior Ministers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, very moving and compassionate speech. Maybe not a great future as a politician, though - he seems to have joined the wrong party ....................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here