Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Mo Farah a Drug Cheat?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Having cycled down the Oregon Coast in the Autumn and not seen a thing for fog, I certainly would not spend a winter there on a treadmill. Mo did. I thought it strange at the time.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-32877702

One of the world's best known athletics coaches is at the centre of doping allegations, according to a BBC investigation.

Alberto Salazar has been accused of violating anti-doping rules, including claims he was involved in doping US record holder Galen Rupp, in 2002.

Rupp and GB Olympic gold medallist Mo Farah are part of Salazar's US stable, the Nike Oregon Project. There is no suggestion Farah has broken any rules.

Salazar and Rupp deny any wrongdoing.

Salazar is a US athletics legend, who won the New York marathon three years in a row and ran himself unconscious in winning the Boston marathon in 1982.

He is now one of the world's most successful coaches. The head coach at the prestigious Nike running camp based in Portland, Oregon, Salazar has worked with Farah since 2011 and has coached his training partner Rupp for 14 years.

His coaching philosophy involves intensive training and the use of the latest scientific techniques.​

(the article continues at that link)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mo Farah has done nothing to distance himself from PED use.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
In his autobiography he ran clear of drug use in athletics as did Usain Bolt in his autobiography. They must have known what fellow atletes in Oregon and Jamaica were up to. I am not saying they certainly cheated either. Good friends.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I'd heard this a few months ago and it's turned out to be the case. Same source says British cycling fans could be in for a disappointment as well.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Having cycled down the Oregon Coast in the Autumn and not seen a thing for fog, I certainly would not spend a winter there on a treadmill. Mo did. I thought it strange at the time.

You need to cut him some slack with him having to eat that shit he advertises :sick: :moo:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm going to say that he's not a cheat, regardless of what the coach may or may not have done.

No real reasoning other than I can't see that he'd do it...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
...but why spend time and money on a druggy coach in Oregon in the winter before the London Olympics and not use his full service when you could be somewhere more pleasant?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
...but why spend time and money on a druggy coach in Oregon in the winter before the London Olympics and not use his full service when you could be somewhere more pleasant?
What like in the arse end of nowhere Kenya, surrounded by an systemic PED culture with no out of competition testing?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Hamza Driouch also preferred Kenya this year and Qataris are beyond suspicion of cheating. Isn't that what Sepp wants us to believe? Wonder where they go for their real holidays? Birmingham?

Glad the cyclists picked up on this first. I can get in that my suspicions were aroused having cycled 2,000 miles from Vancouver to LA during an El Niño autumn. 35mph headwinds and torrential rain until mile 1600 south of San Francisco. Oregon was a whiteout. Must have been mad, on drugs or both to have finished. Memorable trip though. Yesterday would have been an average day weather wise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hamza Driouch also preferred Kenya this year and Qataris are beyond suspicion of cheating. Isn't that what Sepp wants us to believe? Wonder where they go for their real holidays? Birmingham?

Glad the cyclists picked up on this first. I can get in that my suspicions were aroused having cycled 2,000 miles from Vancouver to LA during an El Niño autumn. 35mph headwinds and torrential rain until mile 1600 south of San Francisco. Oregon was a whiteout. Must have been mad, on drugs or both to have finished. Memorable trip though. Yesterday would have been an average day weather wise.
Why does Lionel Messi go to a doctor in Udinese?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Like I said, you're a weirdo........

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's funny how no drug cheat could possibly be English. *cough* Lindford Christie *cough*

Yet the rest of the world are cheating scumbags.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here