Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace earnt £77m this season

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
F*ck me that's depressing!

http://www.footballgossip.org.uk/

Text from the article:

Premier League champions Chelsea earned the most of any club in the league, according to prize fund figures released today.

The Blues picked up a shade under £99million when TV money, facility fees, a central commercial payment and the league’s merit payment were taken into account.

Second-placed Manchester City picked up £98.5million this season, while Manchester United earned £96.75million. That’s slightly more than the £96.5million picked up by Arsenal, who finished third in the league, but was largely down to the 27 times United were shown live on either Sky Sports or BT Sport. Arsenal were shown live on 25 occasions.

At the bottom of the pile, QPR earned £64.9million – some £400,000 less than Burnley who finished 19th both in the league and in the list of payouts.

Newcastle United’s troubles on the pitch led to more TV attention. The Magpies were shown live on 20 occasions, almost twice as often as neighbours Sunderland with 11 games. That propelled Newcastle up to tenth place in the earnings table on £77.8million – more than was earned by Stoke City, who finished ninth in the league.

-----
I know Palace aren't mentioned but in the link is the table showing where the money has come from and how much was earnt....if only...

I find it really hard to begrudge them it too surprisingly.

We are so far behind them now it's untrue, in fact there was less of a gulf between us when we were dicking around at the arse end of the Football League than there is now.

We had our chance, we blew it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think the phrase is "Our day will come"

**** knows when though

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think the phrase is "Our day will come"

**** knows when though

Exactly.

We've got the massive challenge of sorting the squad out ( hopefully this summer ), and after that we can start on closing the gap to nothing.

We let them go on their merry way for a short while, but I reckon we'll be on a level ( at least ) with them soon enough.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
All we need is a striker and winger who can dive in the penalty box , a midfielder who flails his elbows about and two carthorses as central defenders. Promotion sorted

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sadly I can't see us competing in the same division for a long time, unless something spectacular happens to them and they get relegated. They're well and truly established in the Premier League now :(

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
These figs aren't really the full story although of course the gulf between Prem club finance and rest of the league gets ever wider.
But. Palace, like most clubs, obviously spend a fair bit of money as well. All those new contracts for Bolasie and the like. Also figures for 2014/15 won't be published until early next year.
We do know though that they made a £23m profit in 2013/14 , their first season in the Prem.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32163198
Albion made a £11m loss in 2013/14.

In the last season in the Champ in 2012/13 Palace also made a profit due to the Zaha, Clyne sales.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just shows what the shambles against them in the play offs cost us. You would expect TB to say f..k FFP lets get in the Premier.

Just a thought if he so desired could he buy a company off the shelf in his childrens name put £20m into it then that company sponsor some part of BHA for £19.9m to circumvent FFP.r

Last edited:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
As a Premier League club you're hostage to obscene wage demands and Palace are also unique amongst PL clubs now that Burnley have gone down of having a ground in need of bulldozing, so they have to cut their cloth accordingly. Rumours that CPFC, in tandem with local authority quangos, are investing £64.5m in a cloud blowing machine in an attempt to blow away the perennial slate grey skies that hang low over the depressing shithole that is the entire SE postcode area in an attempt to make CPFC fans actually live there rather than having all of them move south to Sussex or abroad are yet to be substantiated.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Makes no odds to me, looking forward to an exciting season ahead which, in theory, can only be better than the last.

Palace however will struggle to repeat the position from this season.

What is this obsession with the PL, if we get there we get there? If we have an enjoyable season with some exciting games then happy days.

#realitycheck

Just shows what the shambles against them in the play offs cost us. You would expect TB to say f..k FFP lets get in the Premier.

Just a thought if he so desired could he buy a company off the shelf in his childrens name put £20m into it then that company sponsor some part of BHA for £19.9m to circumvent FFP.r

I don't think so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here