Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Overhaul for Parachute Payments agreed

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
So I assume the money saved will be distributed to the other Premier League clubs.

Get promoted and the parachute payments due are distributed to the other premier league clubs.
Only last 1 season and a years parachute payments are distributed to other premier league clubs.

They are going to love the yo-yo clubs aren't they!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Scrap them, and have a 'hardship fund' for relegated clubs who can't afford existing contracts.

A condition of drawing on this fund would need to be a total transfer embago until any funds drawn are paid back in full.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Parachute payments should not just be a lump of money. It should be a subsidy paid (to a maximum amount) to cover the cost of paying individual premiership wages in the Championship for a fixed period of time or until players leave. In this way, Clubs will only benefit by having the additional wages covered as long as they can convince players to accept relegation.

Pistol Knight

Apr 7, 2014
I heard on the radio ('talkshite') it is to encourage the teams that come up to 'go for it' and not just take the money & be relegated and bank the money, very sad state of affairs, clubs that get promoted can throw all the money they like at it, in reality (good) players wont sign for newly promoted clubs, we found that out, only now can we try to attract a decent-ish type of player, Burnley found that out as well last season, its also embarassing that with Norwich being promoted we gained by £1.2m on sharing out their parachute payments (that they wont receive because they were promoted!) it should stay in the Championship, just another way to keep the smaller clubs small or go bust IMO

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I heard on the radio ('talkshite') it is to encourage the teams that come up to 'go for it' and not just take the money & be relegated and bank the money, very sad state of affairs, clubs that get promoted can throw all the money they like at it, in reality (good) players wont sign for newly promoted clubs, we found that out, only now can we try to attract a decent-ish type of player, Burnley found that out as well last season, its also embarassing that with Norwich being promoted we gained by £1.2m on sharing out their parachute payments (that they wont receive because they were promoted!) it should stay in the Championship, just another way to keep the smaller clubs small or go bust IMO
I thought Norwich's parachute payments would go amongst the championship clubs.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Change player contracts so that they get Champonship wages in the Championship. Agent/player power is too strong. Players should get what their surroundings deserve and if they don't like the lower wages they can have release clauses built in with the 'lower wage' restrictions.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007

This I can't see the motive to this move to be anything other than making existing Prem clubs even more secure in their positions than they already are. This along with FFP rules meaning that owners can't inject cash into the club, will mean that more often than not, the three promoted clubs will be those that are relegated..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here