Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Berbatov released by Monaco

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'm sure CH knows him very well from when he coached him at Spurs, but Berba's sights might just be above us!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Obviously not going to happen but if it did I'd have a boner for a month and die from insufficient blood supply to the brain.

Absolutely this.

Would be the first time I GENUINELY considered getting a name on the back of shirt. Still probably wouldn't, mind.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As BG says, we can dream. But to be honest l'm not sure l'd want him now. Yes at his best he had plenty of goals in him, but his peak was some years ago now, and apart from his goals he didn't offer anything to the team, His work rate was zero.

But in any case, why would he want to come to England and play for a team at the arse end of the Championship? The days when the top players used to move down the leagues towards the end of their playing careers are long gone.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I can imagine his motivation to play for us would be through the roof and being a multimillionaire already he'll only want buttons.......

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
A little birdy told me he wants to play for us so badly that he is willing to take a significant drop in wages to £10 a week.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It would be 5 minutes before someone questioned the wisdom of signing someone that old, on such high wages, when we could have spent the equivalent on a young non-league striker with PASSION (or something equally cack).

It's obvious that this would be utter fantasyland, though, if the gods of football are reading this (Blatter?), I will personally piggyback him here, over broken glass, used syringes and hot coals, with a 10kg weight hanging off my knackers, to make it happen.

Whilst chewing wasps.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
As BG says, we can dream. But to be honest l'm not sure l'd want him now. Yes at his best he had plenty of goals in him, but his peak was some years ago now, and apart from his goals he didn't offer anything to the team, His work rate was zero.

But in any case, why would he want to come to England and play for a team at the arse end of the Championship? The days when the top players used to move down the leagues towards the end of their playing careers are long gone.

this.

we cant afford him, he wouldnt want us & I wouldnt want him (lazy ****!)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It would be 5 minutes before someone questioned the wisdom of signing someone that old, on such high wages, when we could have spent the equivalent on a young non-league striker with PASSION (or something equally cack).

It's obvious that this would be utter fantasyland, though, if the gods of football are reading this (Blatter?), I will personally piggyback him here, over broken glass, used syringes and hot coals, with a 10kg weight hanging off my knackers, to make it happen.

Whilst chewing wasps.
Lol this, after watching the shite we had last season for someone to say I wouldn't want him here hes to lazy is laughable. Not that it will ever happen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here