Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Charles Kennedy

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Likeable chap,whitty and sharp as a host. Lead the Liberals well i thought particularly over Iraq. 55 no age. R-i-P Charles.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[tweet]605608120463847424[/tweet]

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
That is a genuine shock. Decent bloke, whatever your politics.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Such a shame, the guy did so much to rebuild the Libdems before his problems. He must have been distraught seeing Clegg jump in bed with Cameron and ruin all the good work he (Kennedy) had done. RIP.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Plenty of Politicians question the Iraq war Now. He was the only one (or the highest ranking) to question it at the time. A principled Man. RIP

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Plenty of Politicians question the Iraq war Now. He was the only one (or the highest ranking) to question it at the time. A principled Man. RIP

Indeed, stood up for social justice and against the Iraq War. One of the good guys gone far too young.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very sad news. Shockingly young age to die.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I agree he was a principled man and Found him a likeable character. Let us not forget Robin Cook, however, who resigned over the Iraq War.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
When he was on Question Time the other week he was very quiet and never really got into any of the debate and I thought that was strange. Maybe he was unwell at the time or perhaps it was as a result of the recent death of his father. Good man and good politician and sad to hear this news

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Only 55 years old, far too young to pass away.

Top thread start. He was a real popular, genuine figure, something we can't say about many politicians these days. He also did wonders for the Lib Dems, especially with Iraq. He very much veered them up the hill, a direction they've ceased travelling.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Too young, born the same year as me.

RIP

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
always liked the guy
RIP Charles

I bumped into him once - in a pub.

And how many party leaders can you say that about?

His "drink problem" has been flagged up for years as an "issue". But wouldn't it be better if ALL politicians could freely admit to having personal problems just like regular folk do?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here