Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you like to see the Amex rocking out like this?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Would love to hear this at The Amex. Feel free to get your 'Cringes' and 'Tinpots' in early so we can go back to sitting in silence of course.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Suggest you write to the club to get Motherwell down for a friendly, then stay behind after the game until the whole of the ground has been emptied but for the Motherwell supporters and you may get your wish.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Amazing Motherwell's average attendance is lower than the average English League 2 attendance. Scottish football is incredibly tin pot...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Amazing Motherwell's average attendance is lower than the average English League 2 attendance. Scottish football is incredibly tin pot...

Amazing, tinpot by post 3. Just need a few people cringing then finding a problem with the song and we are sorted. Classic NSC.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This ain't gonna work , firstly there wont be a drum and secondly its sung too slowly as the North Stand can only sing songs at 78 rpm instead of the normal 33 rpm.

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
graphics-3d-smileys-829380.gif

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Spooky stuff, a mere half an hour ago I searched for the video of the Coventry fans signing this at half time at the Emirates.

The song is a belter, the purest expression of unbridled joy...

....which is exactly why it wouldn't work at the Amex :jester:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
My take on the current debacle of Albion chants: this is exactly the problem with our fans these days if you ask me. The internet.

If you think you've made up a good song, the WORST thing you can do is post it on here. It will sound 'cringeworth', 'tinpot', or more likely, 'shit'. Of course it will. it's an internet message board.

If you say to people "we're going to sing twist and shout at the next game" then the idea is ludicrous, and if you sing it in your head it's even worse. So don't bother.

Instead, get a bit pissed up and try and get it going with your mates at the football. If, and it's a big if, but if it's any good people WILL join in. There's plenty of examples out there over the years with a few standing out in particularly - namely who's that man from Argentina, Bennett/Buckley runs down the wing for me, Former Dutch Marine, Oh Gary Hart. In amongst this, there's simple, catchy chants - Pints of Whisky, Der der der der Adam Virgo, Inigo Calderon, LuaLua LuaLua etc. It is possible. We just don't seem very good at it, particularly when it comes to starting something about the team.

All you see these days is people, mainly teenagers you expect, watching clips on youtube and trying to make stuff up, posting it on here/social media and getting ridiculed for it if it doesn't quite scan. The mistake they've made? Posting it on the internet. Give it a go at a ground, and if it's any good a few people will join in - then you'll get people asking for the words on here naturally and the song will grow. Post it on here from the off asking for opinions and it will get slated, simple as that.

Not sure what happened to our fanbase, but I wonder if it's a result of us not having many teenage fans in the Withdean years and us having to wait for the kids from the family stand to grow up a bit and start boozing at matches (away in particular), but there seems to be a distinct lack of the average joe, happy to sink a few beers on the train and lead the singing in the ground. Instead, we're now somehow left with a minority mismatch of supporters who like singing and are part of the 'NSK clique' who aren't like- minded to the rest of the support and will sing whatever they feel like, being lead by the same individuals over and over. Their problem is they don't seem to realise when a song doesn't catch on and keep persisting with it, causing a muted atmosphere. Throw in an overwhelming desire for us to be like the fashionable 'ultras', you find a shoehorned mess of songs that are the current trend in this decision - like that Allly Ally Oh song and the 'team for me' thing everyone keeps singing. When you consider that these are essentially the only people who bother singing at games anymore, you have a problem - and as a result there's no noise at away games and the Amex is quieter than even Withdean.

It's no co-incidence that you keep finding the big clubs away fans plastered over the internet singing catchy songs - because not only do they have more fans, they have more fans willing to get battered and try stuff out in pubs and at away games.

So to summarise, get pissed, sing your songs at games and if they don't catch on, try something else. But for god sake don't try and get them going on the internet.

God, I can't believe I've wasted 5 minutes writing this.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
We need a team that will make us cheer them on.
If last season was to go by, then staying in the pub would be a better option.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
My take on the current debacle of Albion chants: this is exactly the problem with our fans these days if you ask me. The internet.

If you think you've made up a good song, the WORST thing you can do is post it on here. It will sound 'cringeworth', 'tinpot', or more likely, 'shit'. Of course it will. it's an internet message board.

If you say to people "we're going to sing twist and shout at the next game" then the idea is ludicrous, and if you sing it in your head it's even worse. So don't bother.

Instead, get a bit pissed up and try and get it going with your mates at the football. If, and it's a big if, but if it's any good people WILL join in. There's plenty of examples out there over the years with a few standing out in particularly - namely who's that man from Argentina, Bennett/Buckley runs down the wing for me, Former Dutch Marine, Oh Gary Hart. In amongst this, there's simple, catchy chants - Pints of Whisky, Der der der der Adam Virgo, Inigo Calderon, LuaLua LuaLua etc. It is possible. We just don't seem very good at it, particularly when it comes to starting something about the team.

All you see these days is people, mainly teenagers you expect, watching clips on youtube and trying to make stuff up, posting it on here/social media and getting ridiculed for it if it doesn't quite scan. The mistake they've made? Posting it on the internet. Give it a go at a ground, and if it's any good a few people will join in - then you'll get people asking for the words on here naturally and the song will grow. Post it on here from the off asking for opinions and it will get slated, simple as that.

Not sure what happened to our fanbase, but I wonder if it's a result of us not having many teenage fans in the Withdean years and us having to wait for the kids from the family stand to grow up a bit and start boozing at matches (away in particular), but there seems to be a distinct lack of the average joe, happy to sink a few beers on the train and lead the singing in the ground. Instead, we're now somehow left with a minority mismatch of supporters who like singing and are part of the 'NSK clique' who aren't like- minded to the rest of the support and will sing whatever they feel like, being lead by the same individuals over and over. Their problem is they don't seem to realise when a song doesn't catch on and keep persisting with it, causing a muted atmosphere. Throw in an overwhelming desire for us to be like the fashionable 'ultras', you find a shoehorned mess of songs that are the current trend in this decision - like that Allly Ally Oh song and the 'team for me' thing everyone keeps singing. When you consider that these are essentially the only people who bother singing at games anymore, you have a problem - and as a result there's no noise at away games and the Amex is quieter than even Withdean.

It's no co-incidence that you keep finding the big clubs away fans plastered over the internet singing catchy songs - because not only do they have more fans, they have more fans willing to get battered and try stuff out in pubs and at away games.

So to summarise, get pissed, sing your songs at games and if they don't catch on, try something else. But for god sake don't try and get them going on the internet.

I totally agree. I actually posted it on purpose to see how many people would find a problem and be negative about it. I think we have some of the worst support going for just enjoying a game and singing, far too many precious fans.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach

Spot on!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I totally agree. I actually posted it on purpose to see how many people would find a problem and be negative about it. I think we have some of the worst support going for just enjoying a game and singing, far too many precious fans.

For what it's worth I'd LOVE to hear this at the Amex but you're exactly right, we have some of the most reserved fans in the entire football league.

This is still the best use of the song though:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Great research, have you nothing better to do?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Well, I liked it :thumbsup:

Do agree with the general point that it's far better to give it a go at the ground with a few like-minded souls, and see if it catches on.
And generally speaking that's MUCH more likely to happen away than at home.
Let's hope we can sign a few players with names you can work with :lolol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Great research, have you nothing better to do?

As I said, it was a bit of research to see just how negative fans are on here about everything and anything in relation to generating noise and a bit of atmosphere. I think most people have got better things to do than post on NSC to be honest, if you haven't then you must lead a pretty poor life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here