20150601_080427.jpg

Saw it today and not sure what it was!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, an old 2CV

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Nissan Primeria, VW Up, VW Golf (Mrk4), Honda Civic Mrk2 Type R, and a Citeron 2CV

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The 2 CV was designed to be driven over a ploughed field, and it does.

And you can't buy one now less that 3k for a car that was made to be cheap.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The serial thread starter strikes again

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Nissan Primeria, VW Up, VW Golf (Mrk4), Honda Civic Mrk2 Type R, and a Citeron 2CV

Wrong!

Nissan Primera, VW Up, VW Golf (Mrk4), Honda Civic Mrk2 Type R, and a Citeron Citroen2CV

There's always one isn't there? :)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wrong!

Nissan Primera, VW Up, VW Golf (Mrk4), Honda Civic Mrk2 Type R, and a Citeron Citroen2CV

There's always one isn't there? :)

If you are going to be picky about it, it should be Citroën - although I have just noticed that the Citroën website does not seem to use it,

The two dots over the e mean that the oe is not dipthongised, so the o and the e are pronounced separately if one is being ultra precise. A French peron would pronounce it (slightly exaggerated) "citrowhen".

There is a name for the two dots, but I can't remember what it is. It is not an umlaut.

And don't argue. I've got a degree in modern languages.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If you are going to be picky about it, it should be Citroën - although I have just noticed that the Citroën website does not seem to use it,

The two dots over the e mean that the oe is not dipthongised, so the o and the e are pronounced separately if one is being ultra precise. A French peron would pronounce it (slightly exaggerated) "citrowhen".

There is a name for the two dots, but I can't remember what it is. It is not an umlaut.

Is French peron related to Eva........:whistle:

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

Dave, I'm not arguing - and that's because I've also got a degree in modern languages, from the same university as you, if memory serves. And that's not all: my wife also has the same degree from the same university - crazy, man. I think it's called a tréma, but I'm not 100% sure. Really I should google it.

Dave, I'm not arguing - and that's because I've also got a degree in modern languages, from the same university as you, if memory serves. And that's not all: my wife also has the same degree from the same university - crazy, man. I think it's called a tréma, but I'm not 100% sure. Really I should google it.

It's also called a diaeresis.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The 2 CV was designed to be driven over a ploughed field, and it does.

And you can't buy one now less that 3k for a car that was made to be cheap.

£3K? Bloody hell - I gave my last one away! It needed some very major repairs to the brakes and suspension, so we advertised it as 'Free to a good home'.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

It's also called a diaeresis.

Thanks to both of you. I have wondered how to find out what it was called for a long time. You are, of course, both right.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

And if you had wanted to argue, I would have accepted it!!! It was a throwaway comic aside more than anything else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here