Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The gym group

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Hi I was thinking of joining the Gym (Eastbourne) it seems pretty good £15 a month and only month contract ....but does anyone have any opinions on using the gym group gyms as I know there are a couple in Brighton? What are they like?
Cheers

I've been a member of both the Brighton ones (previously the seafront one and now the one on London Road). For a no frills gym they are fantastic value for money, all the equipment is brand new and well maintained. The changing facilities are pretty basic, but have everything you need: reasonable showers, toilets, sinks, lockers (you need to provide your own padlock). The slight drawback is if you want to go at peak time (early morning or evening) it can get pretty busy, so you tend to just use whatever equipment is available. It's open 24 hours a day though, so if you're flexible on time it's fine.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I enjoys them there aerobic classes, placing myself at the rear of the class so as not to embarrass myself whilst firming up at the back with all that lycra.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I had a membership when I was a resident, it was good value for money, got a bit busy at times but they have a handy feature where you could see the trends and find when is best to avoid the crowds. Not too many posers which is a good thing and for a little bit more money, you could pay to use multiple gyms which was handy as I was based in Brighton and working in London and often stayed up there in the week.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
As others have said, value for money wise it's excellent, availability of machines is very good also but you would do well to try and go off-peak if possible. I use the London Road, Brighton one and pre-work (6-8am) is dead, lunchtime (11:30-2pm) is heinous, and post wor (4pm-onwards) can be challenging... Personally though, I think it's well worth it. It's also extremely well maintained.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
As others have said, value for money wise it's excellent, availability of machines is very good also but you would do well to try and go off-peak if possible. I use the London Road, Brighton one and pre-work (6-8am) is dead, lunchtime (11:30-2pm) is heinous, and post wor (4pm-onwards) can be challenging... Personally though, I think it's well worth it. It's also extremely well maintained.

Do you know if you can just pay for a single month? I am in UK for a month in July and don't want to have to pay joining up fees etc, just want somewhere where I can pay a one off month fee only.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Do you know if you can just pay for a single month? I am in UK for a month in July and don't want to have to pay joining up fees etc, just want somewhere where I can pay a one off month fee only.

Yeah I think so but you'd need to do the joining fee too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here