Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace rumoured to be after Ulloa

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
If true I hope we had a sell on clause in the deal when we sold him. Although, I can't see Leicester wanting to sell him, or why on earth would Ulloa want to go there?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
From a neutral perspective: It'd be a great move for him. Family seemed to like the area, good transport links for Spain, huge money...

From a Brighton perspective: P*lace are scum. DON'T DO IT LEO!!!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Must be one of Bens grandad football rumours. Why would he leave for a smaller club unless he isn't wanted by Leicester which i find hard to believe.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Must be one of Bens grandad football rumours. Why would he leave for a smaller club unless he isn't wanted by Leicester which i find hard to believe.

There may be a bit more to it than that - Guillem Balague was talking about it on Twitter this morning, although according to him West Brom are also interested.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There would be some sense to this rumour.

The family did not settle in Leicester (seemingly) and they live in Brighton and he goes to Leicester a couple of times a week to train.

So maybe he has said he wants to move South and if so, Palace would not be the worst fit, for him.

Perhaps we could end up with the entire Palace team living in Brighton?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Palace would obviously be interested, he's far better than anything else they've got, plus they've done alright with our rejects in the past.

Yes I can see this having some substance.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I’ve not seen this rumour anywhere else. Type in Leicester and you just get stuff about the Thai orgy!

13 goals in a season isn’t bad but not enough to increase his value from the £8 million paid by Leicester therefore there would be no sell on fee to pass on.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
13 goals in a season isn’t bad but not enough to increase his value from the £8 million paid by Leicester therefore there would be no sell on fee to pass on.

Depends on the kind of sell-on fee, assuming there is one.

One kind (the most common) provides for a percentage of any profit made to be passed onto the previous club, the other kind simply provides for a percentage of the transfer fee, irrespective of profit or loss, to be passed on.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
There would be some sense to this rumour.

The family did not settle in Leicester (seemingly) and they live in Brighton and he goes to Leicester a couple of times a week to train.

So maybe he has said he wants to move South and if so, Palace would not be the worst fit, for him.

Agreed. Would be a perfect move for him - not to mention ncs putting 2&2 together suggesting this frees up glen to return. Only problem with the sell on is it take a £15m fee for us to just get £1m, assuming its a 20% deal.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Depends on the kind of sell-on fee, assuming there is one.

One kind (the most common) provides for a percentage of any profit made to be passed onto the previous club, the other kind simply provides for a percentage of the transfer fee, irrespective of profit or loss, to be passed on.

I have never heard of the 2nd type, must make it very difficult to sell a player if the buying club has to fork out extra to the previous club.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Agreed. Would be a perfect move for him - not to mention ncs putting 2&2 together suggesting this frees up glen to return. Only problem with the sell on is it take a £15m fee for us to just get £1m, assuming its a 20% deal.

Seeing as now his fee has risen to £10 million to us, I can't see them selling him for anything less than £15m.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have never heard of the 2nd type, must make it very difficult to sell a player if the buying club has to fork out extra to the previous club.

In the case of the 2nd type the fee to the previous club would be paid by the selling club out of whatever they receive rather than the buying one, of course that could result in an increased fee being asked to 'cover their losses' as it were.

I tend to agree though that it's far more likely to be of the first kind if there is one at all (and of course this is only relevant if he actually moves anywhere).

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
God this might sound like really bad news
sell on fee
maybe we could waive that and take FFS off their hands
this board would go into meltdown

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here