Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marinus Dijkhuizen

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But their director of football probably has a better moneyball spreadsheet than the one that idiot Burke was using for our summer signings, so they'll still be far better than us.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I read previously that he is very keen on their statistical approach to recruitment and play and has been successful with it in the past. I would say that it is no bigger gamble than Clement to Derby

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I read previously that he is very keen on their statistical approach to recruitment and play and has been successful with it in the past. I would say that it is no bigger gamble than Clement to Derby

Have to disagree with this. Those recent managers that have worked at big Spanish clubs have proved successful of late (Oscar, Karanka), and it seems fair to rank Clement in that category. There's something similar between Dijkhuizen and Hyppia in that they've both had a terrible run of results before being appointed to a Championship club (the former is without a win in his last nine games), except that Hyppia was doing it in a much better league.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
cheap option ?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
A few months ago they gave a job to one of the founders of Statsbomb, mixedknuts - he was also head of football trading at Pinnacle bookies.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For a moment then my heart skipped a beat.

I thought NSC was recommending a soccerballist and potential signing who hadn't previously played for the Albion, Norwich or Newcastle.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe

I thought NSC was recommending a soccerballist and potential signing who hadn't previously played for the Albion, Norwich or Newcastle.

The Giro is over now, you need to get back to reality!! Nothing like that will happen, ever!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Is it my imagination Stat but when I joined NSC you were a :thumbsup: supporter but now you have lost your MOJO :wink:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
as I said before he was the cheap option

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Bit surprising really, what is he expected to do? Brentford are likely to go down so their chairman obviously is rather on something

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
From the Brentford forum. Makes an interesting read.

The Norway Brentford Facebook page translated a report from, I assume, a Norweigian newspaper

The former striker let RTV Rijnmond know to be surprised by his sacking. "I Was not allowed to say goodbye to the players and immediately had to hand in my stuff. It was quite extreme".
Dijkhuizen felt something was wrong on Sunday night. "I heard that I had to report at the club at 8 o'clock with my assistant. That's when you get a suspicion what will happen. We were told that there was no more trust and we were thanked for our efforts."
The man from South-Holland believes he was put aside too quickly. "If you look at what happened in three months. Eight or nine injuries. After two matches my topscorer and our rightback were sold. Lots of things were against us."
"We were just starting to play better in the last few weeks. We had an unlucky loss against Sheffield while being down a man. Chemistry with the players and supporters was good, so that was all fine. The people above us just didn't think it was good enough."

Edited by collioure_bee 28/9/2015 14:59

Read more: http://www.brentford.vitalfootball....read-view.asp?tid=3818&posts=22#ixzz3n348DIGJ

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I wonder how the chairman feels about sacking Mark Warburton now? What a colossal dick!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The song "Instant Karma" comes to mind.
After the way they disposed of Warburton I am inordinately pleased that this particular house of cards is falling down. Indeed the only thing that trumps it is seeing Evans get his marching orders at Rotherham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here