Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1964/65 Memorabilia

The History Man

Aug 16, 2003
Brighton
The Albion Collectors' and Historians' Society still has some stock remaining of two limited-edition items issued for the recent 50th anniversary of the 1964/65 Fourth Division title win.

The first is a set of 24 "cigarette cards" in traditional style. Each card, which measures the standard 36mm x 68mm, has a colour picture of one of the 23 players (plus manager Archie Macaulay) together with a pen-pic on the reverse. The cards come in a cellophane wrapper for protection, and each set is numbered. Here's the example for Bobby Smith.

Bobby Smith card front for web.jpg

The other, related item is the eighth in our popular series of postal covers, in the same DL size (210mm x 99mm) as we've issued previously. This includes a colour picture of the players with the Fourth Division trophy, stamped and hand-franked with the date 26 April 2015 - the exact day of the anniversary. It includes a numbered card insert with details of the 1964/65 season, and comes in a cellophane wrapper. (Note that the image below is low resolution only.)

1965 cover front A4 for web.jpg

A set of cards together with a postal cover costs £6 including postage in a card envelope. Cards on their own: £4.50. Cover on its own: £4.

If interested in purchasing, PM me for further details. But note that these are limited editions. Once they've gone, they've gone!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Hello
Is a 1943 arsenal v brighton league cup (South) programme sheet of interest/value that I may be able to get my hands on!?
Any opinion welcome, thanks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here