Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG Stays

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely fine with this. IF we have 4 strikers and he is 4th choice. Can do a job at Champ level occasionally coming on for last 15 to hold the ball up when we're already winning.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not the worst news in the world. We might want to get in a better striker, but best not get rid of him before we've got a replacement in - it wasn't just the strikers that were bad at attacking last season, virtually the whole team seemed to lack the ability or the will to go forward in any meaningful sort of way.
We do need some new players, undoubtedly, but the whole ethos of the team needs changing - always turning back and passing it back to the defence for them to roll it to each other (slowly) in our own half is never going to lead to exciting attacking play.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He could do well if he had someone capable alongside and we got forward quicker. He may not score too much but his hold up play, ball control and eye for a pass are all good enough for this level.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Good player to have in the squad went from zero to hero and ability is probably in between but he's a strong, honest player who will be effective given the right service. Solid pro who i would bet is good to train with and keeps everyone honest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TBH we didnt see anything from CoG to think he could fire us up this division let alone out of it.

So much of the team needs a rebuild, esp the top 5 (oh how I wish it was 5) I just don't see the benefit of keeping him.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
He scored ONE goal in the league. ONE. And that was from a penalty

I'd back some of the posters on here to have scored more than that given the opportunities he has had. That header he ducked out the way of at Watford being the main opportunity to DOUBLE his tally

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Premiership ready

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
The 15ish he scored season before last suggests that he does know how to score at this level, always seemed to me that he needs to play with another ST, but not sure what formation they played at Barnsley when he was there...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This doesn't instill any confidence for next season, particularly if we struggle to get any better forwards in. As it stands currently we have COG and Baldock who may or may not be be fit for the new season.

So another season with next to no goals from our forwards

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He scored against Arsenal in the FA cup which is more than anyone from Middlesbrough, Hull or Villa could do. The dissenters keep throwing up stats of one league goal, but he had assists and scored a good penalty.
I think it would have helped playing with Baldock, and he is being judged unfairly by the fans, but then what else is new?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He scored against Arsenal in the FA cup which is more than anyone from Middlesbrough, Hull or Villa could do. The dissenters keep throwing up stats of one league goal, but he had assists and scored a good penalty.
I think it would have helped playing with Baldock, and he is being judged unfairly by the fans, but then what else is new?

It would have helped if we had some speedy wingers to get in crosses for him to knock down for Baldock.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I suspect that if CH signs three strikers then COG will be either sold or let go on a season long loan, regardless of what the neighbours think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here