Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Ward and Daniel Akindayini?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The winger we had on trial from Chelmsford and the striker from Spurs.. Have we ended our interest in them? Or will we see more trial games for them in pre-season?

Most people seemed impressed with Ward...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Essex Chronicle

JOE WARD says Chelmsford City and Brighton & Hove Albion are in talks over a permanent move to the south coast for the winger.

The 19-year-old has impressed for the Seagulls in two trialist matches for their U21s and Ward says the Championship club are trying to tie up a deal.

Ward still has a year left on his contract at Melbourne Stadium, so the Clarets would be due a fee if a move goes ahead.

He played for 80 minutes against Stoke City at the Amex Stadium and was a threat to the Premier League opposition, twice going close to scoring in the 3-0 win.

He then featured at Villa Park as Brighton lost 1-0 to the home side, who boasted several firstteam players.

"The two clubs are talking at the moment," said Ward. "I haven't heard much so I'll just have to wait. It was a good experience playing at Brigton's stadium and at Villa Park. It was a good test as they were both good teams. "Brighton said that I've done well for them and they are still interested. I'm quite positive something will be done."

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tottenham Academy tweeted that we'd signed Akindayini on 18th May.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I saw both vs Aston Villa this year

WARD....he looked like he had genuine ability and a good footballing brain. He REALLY needs to bulk up. You can tell the difference between guys who have been playing none league and those playing in the development league. I'm sure he will. He did look a little bit nervous and sometimes afraid to take a risk and attack the left back. A few negative touches when he got the wrong side of the defender. But like i say, some good potential there and puts a decent ball into the box

AKINDAYINI.....now this lad, i do like a lot. Big, strong, powerful, quick and very intelligent as a striker. Plays brilliantly with his back to goal and drops off well. He caused a LOT of problems to Villa's back line and certainly changed the game. I'd keep an eye on him in pre season, i'd be shocked not to see him get a chance

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The winger we had on trial from Chelmsford and the striker from Spurs.. Have we ended our interest in them? Or will we see more trial games for them in pre-season?

Most people seemed impressed with Ward...

Really? Cant see anything on the argus or official site about it...

Tottenham Academy tweeted that we'd signed Akindayini on 18th May.

As I posted on the Daniel Akindayini thread a couple of weeks ago:-

[TWEET]600359629118406656[/TWEET]

However, I'm pretty sure that isn't an official account for the Tottenham academy, so it must be treated with some caution.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I hope we have signed Akindayini as he looks the sort of young player that we should be signing. Too many players in our DS are lightweight and the one position we should be looking to bring through are young strikers. Will look forward to pre season if he is involved.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I hope we have signed Akindayini as he looks the sort of young player that we should be signing. Too many players in our DS are lightweight and the one position we should be looking to bring through are young strikers. Will look forward to pre season if he is involved.

Nice finish. [start from 6:49]

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Nice finish. [start from 6:49]

as I do not understand Japanese
did he score both ..........if not can we have the other bloke as well
can see either on the bench next season

edit ......yep I can see they are different guys now ..............so can we have both?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
As I posted on the Daniel Akindayini thread a couple of weeks ago:-

[TWEET]600359629118406656[/TWEET]

However, I'm pretty sure that isn't an official account for the Tottenham academy, so it must be treated with some caution.

Think it is you know.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Congratulations to former Albion U-21/23 winger Joe Ward who has been selected for the 22-man England C squad for a training camp at Lilleshall from October 8-10. The squad will be trimmed to 16 for a fixture against Slovakia in November.

Ward has made quite an impression at Woking this season, scoring 5 goals in 12 league starts.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Congratulations to former Albion U-21/23 winger Joe Ward who has been selected for the 22-man England C squad for a training camp at Lilleshall from October 8-10. The squad will be trimmed to 16 for a fixture against Slovakia in November.

Ward has made quite an impression at Woking this season, scoring 5 goals in 12 league starts.

Joe Ward made the England C squad and subsequently played in the game last night, which the Slovakia U-23s won 4-0.

[TWEET]928692634629091331[/TWEET]

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Good to see former development squad players doing well; Joe Ward is now back in League football with Peterborough United:-

[TWEET]951136936177078274[/TWEET]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Posh haven't got a bad record of turning non-league players into stars for a hefty profit. Be interesting to see how this one turns out.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A shout out to former development squad winger Joe Ward, who scored his first league goal last night, for Peterborough United at Sunderland:-

[TWEET]1047219247745847297[/TWEET]

Posh currently sit second in the League One table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here