Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob Dlyan.Paul Jones,Manfred Mann and Go Now.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Frightening isn't it? 50 years? If my parents had been listening to music that old when I was growing up, it would have been WW1 era. :ohmy:

Nothing beats 50s, 60s, 70s music. :rock:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well written,by Dylan,this verison maybe all P/J yet even my kids (?) love it and are 22/24,where am i going wrong ????.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Nothing beats 50s, 60s, 70s music. :rock:[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. So many brilliant songs, bands and performers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They were very good, a few years ago, at Worthing Assembly Halls. Both Paul Jones and Mike D'Abo were in the band. Support was Colin Blunstone and Chris Farlowe who were also good.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Paul Jones sounds exactly the same now as he did back then - a really decent fella too.

When the Manfreds or the Blues Band come to town, you are guaranteed a great night's entertainment.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Top class knowledge on R & B his Radio programmes are worth a listern. Just like Alex Lester.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Went to see The Manfreds last week at Edmonton, great show. If you're of the age to remember them go and see them. For blues lovers Paul Jones and a host of other big names will be at the Royal Albert Hall on June 15th for Leadbelly Fest should be a good night.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Paul Jones sort of 'inherited' George Melly's old band when the rum, sodomy and the lash singer popped his clogs. Saw them in Cheltenham a few years ago - very good, although jazz isn't my thing. They did a couple of Manfredd numbers as well though.
Can verify that (from a distance at least) Paul Jones looks just like he did - I think he's on the same Born-Again-Christian youth serum as Cliff Richard.

.......... perhaps I should try it!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here