always though he was a bit of a knob
says he threw his losers medal in the bin after losing to Chelsea
this sort of proves I was not wrong
a prize :wanker:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What a Roland Rat , he should have taken it down Cash Converters and got a tenner for it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Did he say he left it there or was it just a reaction to losing the final and he then retrieved it?
he said he binned it

and a thumbs down from a MU supporter maybe

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He did just say that he and the Man Utd team considered it failure as they expected to win the cup.

if getting to a cup final and losing is failure, whats the point of going in for it in the first place, I don't know about you but I think the Albion players might be proud of even getting to wembley, and all those small teams who struggle to get there against all the odds.
I also think that Neville does all those players a great diservice to bin his losers medal, and I can bet that some of the others did not bin theirs.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
he said he binned it

and a thumbs down from a MU supporter maybe

He did just say that he and the Man Utd team considered it failure as they expected to win the cup.

I mean who cares , the BBC have hardly got quality pundits in the Chuckle Bros love child of Phil Neville and a knuckle dragger in Martin Keown.
Mark Lawro is the only winner there. :)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We didnt expect to get to Wembley yet alone win the cup so a different outlook.

exactly
so binning a losers medal does those a diservice

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Bit of an overreaction from Glas there. We surround ourselves with tat rather than declutter our lives so more power to Neville for me and not a major issue to get worked up about imho. He was probably speaking metaphorically in any case. Far more excruciating was Prince William trying and failing to sound like a 'man on the street' when using the term 'Will have to ask the missus' when talking to Gary Lineker.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Bit of an overreaction from Glas there. We surround ourselves with tat rather than declutter our lives so more power to Neville for me and not a major issue to get worked up about imho. He was probably speaking metaphorically in any case. Far more excruciating was Prince William trying and failing to sound like a 'man on the street' when using the term 'Will have to ask the missus' when talking to Gary Lineker.

he was asked by the interviewer "you actually binned it" and he answered yes
I think most who went to our only cup final would have been bitterly disappointed had one of the Albion players said that.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
he was asked by the interviewer "you actually binned it" and he answered yes
I think most who went to our only cup final would have been bitterly disappointed had one of the Albion players said that.

I watched it, but the reality is it probably didn't end up in his waste bin in the kitchen, more likely he buzzed it into some paint splattered bucket at the back of his double garage to be forgotten about. If Mourinho can lob his Premier League winners medal into the crowd (thus arguably devaluing the whole competition in some people's eyes) then Neville's actions involving a runners-up medal are hardly a big deal imho. All you need is a roof over your head, food, a few other essentials and of course the vital ingredient - cats and lots of them, the rest is just clutter. Give away all of your pointless possessions and become a monk Glas and you'll soon see the error of your ways.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I watched it, but the reality is it probably didn't end up in his waste bin in the kitchen, more likely he buzzed it into some paint splattered bucket at the back of his double garage to be forgotten about. If Mourinho can lob his Premier League winners medal into the crowd (thus arguably devaluing the whole competition in some people's eyes) then Neville's actions involving a runners-up medal are hardly a big deal imho. All you need is a roof over your head, food, a few other essentials and of course the vital ingredient - cats and lots of them, the rest is just clutter. Give away all of your pointless possessions and become a monk Glas and you'll soon see the error of your ways.

He said he binned it, if he did not bin it, he is then a liar! he made a point of saying he binned it..................the guy is a complete waste of space! to much money....not enough care about the shirt....fans.......and the club he played for.........sadly......typical nowadays.....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Even a losers medal would have had some value if sold and the cash given to charity. By all means feel cheesed off being second but remember that most players never get a winners or runners up medal of any sort.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Didn't he claim to have turned down the managers job before it was given to Hyppia?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here