Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bradford On Avon

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Went there last year for my good lady's Birthday and it was indeed a lovely little place. Had a pie from The Bear inn, that was incredible.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Just come back from a lovely three days down there,highly recommend a visit and a great base to visit Bath!:moo:

Do you have any recommendations for places to stay in Bradford On Avon?
I've noticed this place as the train has stopped there when I have visited Bath and Bristol, it looks nice from the train.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Drove through there several times last week whilst visiting Bath. Very nice. Some crazy junctions though!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Second deepest lock on the British Canal system. Takes ages to fill.

gasgull

Nov 14, 2003
Newick
Great little short break barge holiday from there.3 nights.
Slow trek towards Bath,one stop,then one good night out in bath then one night stop over on the way back,
only about 7 locks so it's quite easy.
Done the same trip twice,once in the snow,once in the summer,great weekends.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Love it there. Many happy memories of time spent there with my grandparents who lived in Trowbridge.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Live a few miles away and agree it is a lovely small town. Suggest walking or cycling along the canal towards Bath if you are in area. The route is part of National Route 4 from London to Fishguard.

Do you have any recommendations for places to stay in Bradford On Avon?
I've noticed this place as the train has stopped there when I have visited Bath and Bristol, it looks nice from the train.

Stayed here Lynchetts | 15 Woolley Street | Bradford-on-Avon | BA15 1AD | 01225 866 400 | info@lynchetts.co.uk

Rooms £75-£90 for a double Lovely garden,jam,marmalade,bread,honey and eggs all home produced. No tv in the room tea making facilities in the breakfast room.
A very quaint and individual house,love it!:thumbsup:

Live a few miles away and agree it is a lovely small town. Suggest walking or cycling along the canal towards Bath if you are in area. The route is part of National Route 4 from London to Fishguard.

Cycled into bath and back yesterday around 20 mile round trip amazing views from viaduct! Cycle hire shop £15 for the day!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Treated my wife to a weekend at the Royal Cresent Hotel for her 40th birthday, they look after you very well.
Also a visit to the Peto gardens outside Bradford upon Avon is worth a visit, especially their very large cream teas
http://www.ifordmanor.co.uk/

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
Stayed here Lynchetts | 15 Woolley Street | Bradford-on-Avon | BA15 1AD | 01225 866 400 | info@lynchetts.co.uk

Rooms £75-£90 for a double Lovely garden,jam,marmalade,bread,honey and eggs all home produced. No tv in the room tea making facilities in the breakfast room.
A very quaint and individual house,love it!:thumbsup:

i stayed there too...for a friend's wedding. recall the room being way up in the attic in its own world.. lovely place... ripe for a narnia story!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Scene of one of the most random moments of my Albion following career,

Many years ago we played Bristol City away. The pre match was eventful enough, finding a pub called the Crystal Palace in Bath (later trashed) and being welcomed outside Ashton Gate by some Brizzle fans with their doggies, but the after game (a game I think we lost) took on a whole new dimension of weird.

For some reason we decided to stop on the train at a request stop in the middle of nowhere because we could see a pub, Unfortunately it was a posh country pub next to the canal that we were turfed out of after five minutes for throwing apples in to the water and disturbing the fish and therefore fishermen. We quickly realised there were no more trains that night from that station and set off along the canal bank in search of, well, something. What we found in the end was Bradford On Avon and a group of lads who were looking for a gang from Bath they were due to fight. They were none to pleased to see a group of pissed up football fans turn up instead but also didn't fancy their chances. None of us looked particularly hard (because we weren't) but there were more of us and we were much drunker. This stand off / guided tour ended when we suddenly saw the station and realised we could get a direct train back to Portsmouth, and there to Brighton, if we legged it. We made it by a minute.

Many years ago we played Bristol City away. The pre match was eventful enough, finding a pub called the Crystal Palace in Bath (later trashed) and being welcomed outside Ashton Gate by some Brizzle fans with their doggies, but the after game (a game I think we lost) took on a whole new dimension of weird.

For some reason we decided to stop on the train at a request stop in the middle of nowhere because we could see a pub, Unfortunately it was a posh country pub next to the canal that we were turfed out of after five minutes for throwing apples in to the water and disturbing the fish and therefore fishermen. We quickly realised there were no more trains that night from that station and set off along the canal bank in search of, well, something. What we found in the end was Bradford On Avon and a group of lads who were looking for a gang from Bath they were due to fight. They were none to pleased to see a group of pissed up football fans turn up instead but also didn't fancy their chances. None of us looked particularly hard (because we weren't) but there were more of us and we were much drunker. This stand off / guided tour ended when we suddenly saw the station and realised we could get a direct train back to Portsmouth, and there to Brighton, if we legged it. We made it by a minute.

Must have got off at Avoncliff? The crystal palace bar is still in bath.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

:lolol:
Great story.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here