Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help needed - Germany

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My boy is off to Cologne* in a few weeks and has asked me (I've never been to Germany) what it's like for vegetarians there.

Can anyone offer advice ?

*he says they are going to a games convention, I reckon they're off to Pascha to bone some euro-tarts

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
My boy is off to Cologne* in a few weeks and has asked me (I've never been to Germany) what it's like for vegetarians there.

*he says they are going to a games convention, I reckon they're off to Pascha to bone some euro-tarts

Not as accomodating as it used it be, or indeed would have been had they kept their vegetarian, non smoking and teetotal leader in power back in the day.

Thank God this country hasn't been overun by rabid vegetarian types, non smoking and teetotal types constantly hectoring about what to eat, smoke and drink.....................merrie old England eh.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
It's ok, nothing special, like most N European countries. It will not be difficult to find vegetarian options, but I have always found the choice rather limited, ethnic restaurants excluded.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not as accomodating as it used it be, or indeed would have been had they kept their vegetarian, non smoking and teetotal leader in power back in the day.

Thank God this country hasn't been overun by rabid vegetarian types, non smoking and teetotal types constantly hectoring about what to eat, smoke and drink.....................merrie old England eh.

Urgh, thank god. A member of my household is a vegetarian and a food Nazi. Comments on everything I buy/eat/chuck away. I've given up eating the meals he cooks because every one is a four hour epic and then when it's eventually served one is expected to sit and compliment it throughout the meal and listen to a running commentary about it's cooking.
I eat my tasty meat dishes before he invades the kitchen.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Its the wurst place for veggies..

Jan 30, 2008

WELL, IF HE'S GIVING HIS MEAT TO THE GERMANS surely he can't complain ???
regards
DR

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I thought all food out there was sausage based?

Brother Sid

Jan 4, 2006
Horsham
Once whilst in Frankfurt with a vegetarian colleague in a restaurant we were offered a 'slaughterhouse platter' and the waiter refused to serve the only vegetarian option of sauerkraut and eggs saying it was not German to do so, not to mention dangerous.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here