Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT: How do you carry your mobile phone?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I've just entered the modern world with my first smartphone (moto e).

Trouble is, with a 4.5inch screen, it seems less "mobile" than my old Nokia 6330. I used to put that in a soft case, and happily stuff it in my pocket. How risky would it be to carry a large, thin, naked mobile that way?

What do you do? Front / back pocket, case / no case, belt holder, shoulder bag?

I don't want it getting scratched, warped, snapped or making calls on its own. ???

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm using a Samsung S5 and normally leave it unprotected in my front pocket.

Over the course of a year I've collected one barely noticeable scratch on the front and a few scuffs at the corners (on the side), but that's it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I had the same phone; I attach a photo of the best way I found of carrying it.

mobile phone.jpg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
In my pocket, without case, 14 months scratch free.

One thing to remember is to avoid looking like a colossal bell end by holding your phone to your head when making a call, rather than holding it 4 inches from your face with loud speaker, as seems to be the fashion with smartphones :shrug:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Across the chest secret service style; you get respect from other civilians, especially in the pub and women find you attractive.

Ha, that would be a whole new thread - the social etiquette of wearing a secret service style holster, especially if I'm taking drunk women home...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm currently packing an iPhone 5c. It's a piece of shit construction wise, charger dock chooses when it would like to work, it ghost types too much and it just feels flimsy. I carry it in a shock proof backing with a stick on screen protector. I carry it in my front, right leg jean pocket. I can feel my unborn children mutating into fuse-limbed toilet goblins inside my nut sack as we speak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here