Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breakfast foods...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Normally I'll have granola, fruit all that dull stuff that's good for one, today I went out and I had The American Stack at a local restaurant. 6 pancakes layered with sausage, bacon, fried potato, fried egg . All swimming in maple syrup, with orders of orange and watermelon juices and pot of tea.
A rare treat but it got me thinking that some people eat that every day, some Americans for example.

Anyway, a) what's your normal breakfast and b) whats your treat breakfast?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Normally I'll have granola, fruit all that dull stuff that's good for one, today I went out and I had The American Stack at a local restaurant. 6 pancakes layered with sausage, bacon, fried potato, fried egg . All swimming in maple syrup, with orders of orange and watermelon juices and pot of tea.
A rare treat but it got me thinking that some people eat that every day, some Americans for example.

Anyway, a) what's your normal breakfast and b) whats your treat breakfast?

Good thread.

My treat breakfast is exactly what you've just had this morning.

The normal? Either a fruit smoothie (homemade) or some porridge. Dull, dull, dull.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A: Caffieine
B: No treat breakfast. I just cannot face eating first thing in the morning.

I used to be the same. Had to be up and about for about 3 hours before I got hungry, regular exercise, sleep and cutting down booze and my morning appetite returned. Couldn't eat today's every day though, I'd be dead b'now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Normal breakfast: single slice of wholemeal toast with Marmite.

Treat (generally Sunday) breakfast: Two Quorn sausages, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, single slice of toast and scrambled egg. Still pretty healthy.

Holiday breakfasts, particularly in the States, can be monstrous efforts however. Example below: some sort of Mexican omelette and breakfast potatoes in a NYC diner last month. The photo doesn't do justice as to how large this was. I ate it all.

omelette.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Normal: Bowl of cereal (at the moment I've got Weetabix and Corn Flakes in the cupboard)

Treat: Full English with as much as I can fit on my plate

Treat when in US/Canada: Stack of pancakes or French toast alongside bacon, eggs etc.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
1) 2 Weetabix with blueberries or grapes, half fat milk
2) Muesli with fresh fruit, then, bacon, fried egg sunny side up, grilled fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, a decent sausage, followed by toast (wholegrain) butter and marmalade.

Three years ago, I went on holiday to Spain where the breakfast was as much as you could eat, with a great variety of choice. I used to fill up with breakfast and then not need to eat again until the evening, when I had a meal in a tapas bar or restaurant with plenty of wine. I lost 4lb that week.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Normal breakfast: single slice of wholemeal toast with Marmite.

Treat (generally Sunday) breakfast: Two Quorn sausages, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, single slice of toast and scrambled egg. Still pretty healthy.

Holiday breakfasts, particularly in the States, can be monstrous efforts however. Example below: some sort of Mexican omelette and breakfast potatoes in a NYC diner last month. The photo doesn't do justice as to how large this was. I ate it all.

View attachment 65679

Quorn sausages are quite good I think, not a vegetarian but sometimes have them instead of meat ones cos I like the taste.

That looks tasty but huge.

Here was today's US stack

image.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Coffee, croissant and The Guardian is my regular day-starter. Once I've had a black coffee and filed my head with the day's issues I feel ready to pontificate. Saturdays is a trip to Eins for scrambled eggs, ham, salad, bread, orange juice and coffee. I miss a full-English. I'd make my own but the sausages ain't the same and they don't do bacon here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 314
Last edited:

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Usually a home made berry smoothie or home made granola with fruit and yoghurt. Usually on weekends if I'm going out for a cycle I'll have something like scrambled egg and avocado on toast.
If I'm hung over it'll be a proper fry up or the Canadian classic pancakes, sweet bacon and maple syrup.
Now I'm hungry.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Coffee, croissant and The Guardian is my regular day-starter. Once I've had a black coffee and filed my head with the day's issues I feel ready to pontificate. Saturdays is a trip to Eins for scrambled eggs, ham, salad, bread, orange juice and coffee. I miss a full-English. I'd make my own but the sausages ain't the same and they don't do bacon here.

I can imagine the odd tut from behind the rustling pages of The Guardian as you read all about it, Mrs Thumper patting you on the shoulder "yes dear, terrible dear". Then it's obviously on with the Leiderhosen and off out for a breakfast beer and curry wurst und Frit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can imagine the odd tut from behind the rustling pages of The Guardian as you read all about it, Mrs Thumper patting you on the shoulder "yes dear, terrible dear". Then it's obviously on with the Leiderhosen and off out for a breakfast beer and curry wurst und Frit.

Pretty much! Plus a few hours to inform NSC where it's all going wrong.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quorn sausages are quite good I think, not a vegetarian but sometimes have them instead of meat ones cos I like the taste.

View attachment 65682

That tea is the perfect colour!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

View attachment 65682

Bonus points from me due to the two varieties of fried potato products on the side. Well played fella, well played.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
A: Usually skip breakfast as I'm not hungry in the mornings. I do drink 2 liters of water and at least a pint of coffee all before 10am so that keeps me pretty full until lunch.
If I do have breakfast, it's typically a small-ish bowl of fruit granola.

B: Fry-Up (Eggs, bacon, sausages, hash browns, beans, toast etc) - Once per month at most.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here