Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Ascough in Ukraine?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I just received this from 'Tony Ascough'...

How are you,

Sorry for any inconvenience, I'm in a terrible situation. Am stranded here in Ukraine since last night. I was hurt and robbed on my way to the hotel I stayed and my luggage is still in custody of the hotel management pending when I make payment on outstanding bills I owe. Am waiting for my colleagues to send me money to get back home but they have not responded and my return flight will be leaving soon. Please let me know if you can help and I will refund the money back to you as soon as I get back home.

Please let me know if you can help.
Many thanks

Tony is the guy that organised the open top bus ride from Worthing to Falmer for the Doncaster game. I assume his email account has been hacked but just in case does anyone know if he really is in Ukraine?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I had a similar email from a friend who was supposedly stuck in Spain a couple of years ago. His email has been hacked.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reply to the email with a sneaky false fact about the Falmer bus, and see if he corrects you.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Not to be an arse, but if you even for one second believe that this is a genuine request from Tony Ascough I'd say you need to be much more careful when using the internet.

These email scams are often far more advanced than this. As a rule of thumb. No legitimate person/organisation will ever ask you in an email for information regarding bank details, addresses, phone numbers and they certainly wouldn't ask for money. Ever.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I just received this from 'Tony Ascough'...

How are you,

Sorry for any inconvenience, I'm in a terrible situation. Am stranded here in Ukraine since last night. I was hurt and robbed on my way to the hotel I stayed and my luggage is still in custody of the hotel management pending when I make payment on outstanding bills I owe. Am waiting for my colleagues to send me money to get back home but they have not responded and my return flight will be leaving soon. Please let me know if you can help and I will refund the money back to you as soon as I get back home.

Please let me know if you can help.
Many thanks

Tony is the guy that organised the open top bus ride from Worthing to Falmer for the Doncaster game. I assume his email account has been hacked but just in case does anyone know if he really is in Ukraine?

I got this one too. Not the first. Liz Costa sent me a note from Saudi Arabia or somewhere once. Very similar to Tony's. You can't trust these foreign types.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Should I be glad or sad that there is no-one who would be even mildly bothered to get a message like that from me here in southern Spain? :shrug:

(Rhetorical question)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here