Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TNA / ROH / Lucha Underground

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I know there are often threads about the WWE on here, but it would be great to hear from people who watch/these promotions. Anyone else a fan? There's major movements in the pro-wrestling landscape at the moment, and very interesting times ahead for all 3 companies.

So who's a fan? Who are your favourite non-WWE stars? Anyone going to the TNA shows in January? Just got my tickets for Wembley Arena!

Oh, and I know it's fake :wink:

Shipley8312

Aug 12, 2014
i used to watch tna in the early and mid years cos of the x division but not so much these days as they look like their days are numbered

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I used to love TNA a few years ago. I thought the X Division was the bomb and I could watch the likes of AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels and Somoa Joe all day. It went majorly down hill though as it tried to compete with WWE and failed. They should have kept marketing themselves as the indie alternative with their six sided ring and superior wrestlers but alas wrestling matches got shorter and promos got longer.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
TNA makes me sad every time I watch it. Lucha Underground is great, but possibly because it's new and different. I love the presentation style though, and Prince Puma is amazing. Seeing him at York Hall next month (although performing as Ricochet, which is his non-LU gimmick).

Haven't seen any Ring of Honor, but I watch bits of NJPW which is bloody brilliant. Very, very different presentation wise to Western wrestling, but absolutely incredible stuff going on over there, particularly with the Bullet Club.

Also a huge fan of NXT. I know it's technically WWE, but it's so different to the main product you may as well consider it its own promotion.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
ROH and TNA are on the same channel as from next week. Destination America. Not challenge unfortunately.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Also a huge fan of NXT. I know it's technically WWE, but it's so different to the main product you may as well consider it its own promotion.

Agree 100%

As much as people like to criticise HHH, and deservedly so in a lot of cases, he has done a superb job with NXT and pushing the actual wrestling/athleticism side of things there as opposed to the 'sports entertainment' of Raw and Smackdown. Don't get me wrong, both sides absolutely have their place in this day and age, but it's good to see that someone as high profile and influential as he has become is willing to support both.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Agree 100%

As much as people like to criticise HHH, and deservedly so in a lot of cases, he has done a superb job with NXT and pushing the actual wrestling/athleticism side of things there as opposed to the 'sports entertainment' of Raw and Smackdown. Don't get me wrong, both sides absolutely have their place in this day and age, but it's good to see that someone as high profile and influential as he has become is willing to support both.

Oh NXT is 100% a "pro wrestling" show, not "sports entertainment". I mean it consistently actually opens with a match for a start. HHH has done a truly incredible job. To quote the man himself "Developmental my ass".

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
i take it you're not interested in the £495 VIP tickets then ?

There is speculation stateside that TNA could lose its TV spot on Destination America , a scenario which would make it unviable if another channel didn't come to the rescue.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
A very optimistic purchase, I think.

The same thing has been said for the last few years now, as long as they are on TV, they'll be fine. The DA deal with ROH was a massive curve ball, but could work out really well for all involved...and if TNA are indeed cancelled from DA, I'm optimistic they will continue one way or another...their product is my favourite of the main companies though so fingers crossed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here