Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Nick Grimshaw the most overrated person on TV/Radio?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I understand he is now replacing Louis Walsh as an X Factor judge on top of the other stuff he does.

Absolutely dreadful, self centred, arrogant, annoying turd of a man.

Why, why, why?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Luckily, I suspect, the name means nothing to me.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I understand he is now replacing Louis Walsh as an X Factor judge on top of the other stuff he does.

Why, why, why?

Radio 1 desperately wanted some continuity when Chris Moyles left and " grimmy" had all the same traits.

Thinking about it, perfectly matched to replace Louis Walsh.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Who are these people who rate him? Everyone I've spoken to thinks he's a massive TWUNT. Thankfully I haven't listened to Radio 1 for years so he doesn't really intrude on my life, I see they've got rid of that other IRRITATION Fearne Cotton.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Overrated by those in charge? Absolutely.

Overrated by the general public?
I seriously suspect not.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Who are these people who rate him? Everyone I've spoken to thinks he's a massive TWUNT. Thankfully I haven't listened to Radio 1 for years so he doesn't really intrude on my life, I see they've got rid of that other IRRITATION Fearne Cotton.

This.

Sometimes my wife has Radio 1 on and the sound of his whiney voice introducing hilarious prank fake calls which stopped being funny 20 years ago, which everyone is in on, puts me in a bad mood for the day.

As for Cotton, I think she looks dirty and I don't mean in a good way. I bet it stinks like Rick Steins bin down there.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I find most radio presenters tedios nowadays

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This.

Sometimes my wife has Radio 1 on and the sound of his whiney voice introducing hilarious prank fake calls which stopped being funny 20 years ago, which everyone is in on, puts me in a bad mood for the day.

As for Cotton, I think she looks dirty and I don't mean in a good way. I bet it stinks like Rick Steins bin down there.

:lolol: That's tremendous, I'm using that.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Out of interest, how many people in this thread are actually in his target demographic (under 30's I believe)?
I can't stand the man and I'm in my late twenties, I assume that those around the 10-20 mark might be the ones that like him...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Out of interest, how many people in this thread are actually in his target demographic (under 30's I believe)?
I can't stand the man and I'm in my late twenties, I assume that those around the 10-20 mark might be the ones that like him...

Is he not nearly 30 himself. I find it incredible that a man that could lose so many listeners is kept on his role because that is what the bbc wanted.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Why, why, why?

I stopped listening to Radio 1 Breakfast when he started.
Does my 'effing head in.

I could go on for ages about my annoyances but I'll just list my no.1 grind: His Voice.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Why, why, why?

The name means nothing to me, so no idea. But then the name Louie Walsh means nothing to me either.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Is he not nearly 30 himself. I find it incredible that a man that could lose so many listeners is kept on his role because that is what the bbc wanted.
No idea, though as he seems to have the mentality of a teenage schoolgirl I wouldn't imagine his age matters that much.

I find it odd as well but R1 seem to want to rid themselves of their 'older' audience and that's apparently where the majority of lost listeners are from, so he's seemingly a success. Sort of.

It's just a shame that there's nothing on the radio (not including digital) that caters for the 30-50 group, at least not as far as I can tell.
Err, cough, cough, can you please stop with the sensible comments!
Sorry, was very out of character, not sure what I was thinking!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here