Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blatter re-elected as FIFA President

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Will happen today.

And it will happen because FIFA is corrupt, and many of those voting benefit hugely from this corruption. FIFA cash is dished out to most federations to spend as they wish, and many of the voters will also have benefitted from cash payments themselves over the years, whilst living the high life on an expenses funded lifestyle, paid for by their federation who are partially (and in some cases substantially) funded by FIFA cash.

These guys are not going to bite of the hand that continues to feed them so well.

They are all used to voting for those who have paid the most money, that's how Russia and Qatar won the hosting of World Cups. It will happen again today.

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Looks certain that he will be elected. It can only stop if Europe and others pull out of the world cup asap and set up a new competition between the leading nations of the world and hope that the others realise they have to join the new organisation.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The ideal scenario for me is that Blatter gets re-elected, and then hallways through his acceptance speech, the FBI come along and cuff him. Then all of the people that elected him are sat down and questioned as to why, exactly, they voted for him. Could be some very uncomfortable people in that room, then...

I'm sure it won't be long until he is removed. No-one buys all that BS he came out with yesterday, and I'm sure there is more to come from the authorities on this - I'm reading this morning that one of the Brazilian's has fled Zurich, the other having been arrested already ???

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He's a solution then

1e2f0fedbd2f5ba57ca1d6b333c6d0ea.jpg

:Nono:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It's a parade, not an election. There are 209 member associations and Blatter is almost guaranteed the Africa and Asia votes which makes up around 100. Basically he needs 5 more (of which one will be Russia).

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I think its best if he is re-elected, if this Prince Ali wins they will say thats it we are clean now lets move on where we know nothing about Ali, as far as I know he might be more corrupt than Blatter. If Blatter stays I think we will start seeing more pressure from the sponsors especially if/when he gets arrested which will hopefully signal the end of Fifa as we know it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's best if Blatter wins because UEFA could then be forced to pull out of FIFA and set up a rival organisation which would attract the main sponsors, Conmebol (S-America), maybe Concacaf (N-America) and certainly Oceania (Australia & some islands). A transparent vote on both 2018 & 2022 could then take place. I'm still hoping the arrested FIFA officials will squeal enough this morning to warrant a Blatter arrest. Also, I wonder how many more officials will scarper today fearing arrest?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
He will get re-elected today but will not see out his term. A good point was made on Newsnight last night that corruption is a way of life for many of these countries so this is almost a non-issue for them, it's just a given.

I wonder whether the old man clings on so hard because he knows if he goes the authorities will have access to everything and find enough to convict him.

Thought it was funny yesterday that inside the same hour he was both described as a "micro-manager" and claim "I can't oversee everyone, all the time"

The sponsors need to speak out or act, then stuff will happen.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I think its best if he is re-elected, if this Prince Ali wins they will say thats it we are clean now lets move on where we know nothing about Ali, as far as I know he might be more corrupt than Blatter. If Blatter stays I think we will start seeing more pressure from the sponsors especially if/when he gets arrested which will hopefully signal the end of Fifa as we know it.

Yep, I totally agree. Much better if the clown is re-elected.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Nothing will change until Coca-Cola withdraws its sponsorship. They have been disappointingly quiet to date. Whilst they are notorious for giving soft bribes, if pressure was brought to bear on them the whole pack of cards would quickly collapse

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
surely the Europeans bodies also get there hands on the money
FIFA generates ?
Not sure if the loss of a World Cup is in any of their interests

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree about Europe pulling out but which country or association would lead the way and be the irst to act, it certainly wont be EUFA with Platini at the head?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
If Blatter gets re-elected UEFA will hold an EGM at the Champions League Final, I honestly think at that point we (UEFA) could pull out.

"If Blatter is not toppled, UEFA will consider "all options," Platini said, without ruling out the possibility of the European body withdrawing from FIFA tournaments.
The representatives of UEFA nations are set to hold a special meeting in Berlin on June 6, on the sidelines of the Champions League final, to review "all their relations with FIFA," Platini said."

Last edited:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
For me Blatter being is re-elected is a good thing as that organisation is rotten to the core and a new figurehead will not change that. His re-election will only further fuel the tidal wave of pressure on FIFA and could eventually see it disbanded and replaced with a newly formed governing body. More revelations will no doubt come out in the wash as the weeks progress and I honestly cannot see a way back for FIFA

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Will happen today.

And it will happen because FIFA is corrupt, and many of those voting benefit hugely from this corruption. FIFA cash is dished out to most federations to spend as they wish, and many of the voters will also have benefitted from cash payments themselves over the years, whilst living the high life on an expenses funded lifestyle, paid for by their federation who are partially (and in some cases substantially) funded by FIFA cash.

These guys are not going to bite of the hand that continues to feed them so well.

They are all used to voting for those who have paid the most money, that's how Russia and Qatar won the hosting of World Cups. It will happen again today.

Pathetic headline & post

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
It's a parade, not an election. There are 209 member associations and Blatter is almost guaranteed the Africa and Asia votes which makes up around 100. Basically he needs 5 more (of which one will be Russia).

Yep, and every time I hear anyone say 'Prince Ali' I imagine him leading it on a big blue elephant with that song from Aladdin playing in the background.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here