NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I know you enjoy posting stuff that bashes the UK but strange don't you think that the American who wrote the article failed to mention that only three members of NATO hit the 2% target currently - the UK being one of them and the other two being Estonia and the US. The US being by far the biggest contributor and whom has been reported as being somewhat bitter that they pick up the biggest tab. Call me old fashioned but I'd rather our money was spent on health and education than defence.

Oh, Germany spent a pathetic and embarrassing 1.14% of GDP of defence last year and will spend just over 1% this year ( i.e. a reduction ). And they look rather pathetic in the NATO league table :

MemberBudget%GDP
US$582.4bn3.6
UK$55bn2.07
Estonia$430m2
Poland$10.4bn1.9
Norway$5.8bn1.58
France$40.9bn1.5
Romania$2bn1.4
Bulgaria$604m1.3
Italy$17.3bn1.2
Germany$44.3bn1.14
Canada$14.3bn1
Netherlands$8.7bn1
Latvia$252m0.9
Hungary$1.08bn0.79
Lithuania$359m0.78

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As David Cameron arrives in Riga, a columnist for the Washington Post writes about the inward turn of the UK

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...tain-resigned-as-a-global-power-10269098.html

Do you EVER get bored of running Britain down? It's more than a hobby, it's an obsession with you. Maybe if you told us what this country did that was so beastly to you, we could all collectively apologise and then perhaps you could move on with your life and let us live ours here in the UK. All this self-loathing really isn't good for you.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Do you EVER get bored of running Britain down? It's more than a hobby, it's an obsession with you. Maybe if you told us what this country did that was so beastly to you, we could all collectively apologise and then perhaps you could move on with your life and let us live ours here in the UK. All this self-loathing really isn't good for you.

Just a shame that the Board only permits me to give x1 Thumbs up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Er, I have moved on and I do let you live your life in the UK.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Surely Germany are not allowed to rebuild effective Army after WW2..They are merely allowed to make up numbers and support us and other European Global Powers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Do you ever get bored of repeatedly having the exact same argument with DaveFromPrague?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
it probably goes back to letting the Russians get to Berlin first

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Er, I have moved on and I do let you live your life in the UK.

Yep and even though it was bought to its knees by the country you have adopted, and their collective murderous lunacy, it can still look itself in the eye, even though it cost us everything and we are indeed a shadow of our former selves. To this day not financially bullying small Mediterranean islands and Balkan countries either, yet another reason to be proud.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Britain was nearly brought low by shenanigans in America. I'm sure nobody that lives here, believes we shouldn't get our own house in order before telling every other country how to fix theirs.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this is what the left wing of UK politics have wanted for decades, so they must be quite pleased. funny old game.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Selling off Britain's assets and creating an economic underclass is SUCH great thinking from this government.

It's going to be even more spectacular once Dave's billionaires mates jump ship.

This government is destroying this country - I pray to God that the damage they are doing is reversible, I love this country, I don't want to have to leave.

Go now Mustafa, quick before the country blows up!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It's going to be even more spectacular once Dave's billionaires mates jump ship.

You are right ...If as you say Daves billionaires jump ship..it will be left to poorer members of society to pay more to support NHS,Schools,Benefits etc..

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Selling off Britain's assets and creating an economic underclass is SUCH great thinking from this government.

This government is destroying this country - I pray to God that the damage they are doing is reversible, I love this country, I don't want to have to leave.

You silly sausage. You've just gone on one of your template rants without even reading the article that we're all referring to. It's about Britain cutting its spending on military and reducing its involvement in world conflicts. Less money spent policing the world means more money for the people of Britain, we create fewer enemies abroad, fewer home-grown terrorists as a by-product and further distances us from our imperial past. Now which of those things have you got a problem with*?

*If you DO choose to leave then we'll understand. We'll all miss you of course but, you know - if it's what you really want then we wouldn't want to stop you.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Another non dom expat preaching etc etc etc...

We could discuss the reasons behind Germany's reduction in military spending since their peak in military strength as well, that's a far more disturbing story. We could discuss their current economic strength being based on mind bogglingly huge US hand outs after they had orchestrated the genocide of millions of Europeans, the benefits of which they are now bullying other European country's with.

I can take digs from America, France, the Aussies, no problem. Top Bantz. But from Germany? Nope, not right.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As David Cameron arrives in Riga, a columnist for the Washington Post writes about the inward turn of the UK

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...tain-resigned-as-a-global-power-10269098.html

Christ on a bike you are exceptionally ****ing boring beyond belief now. It would perhaps be better if a sub NSC forum was created for people who continuously attack the UK. I suppose the biggest irony is you get free speech yet favour a country totally against free speech not that long ago.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i am mostly indifferent as to what a washington post columnist or indeed a boxhead thinks of this great nation

alexander_tikhomirov.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here