Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor old Rangers

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He could do well at Rangers as they still have the 2nd largest budget in Scotland.

Then again, they had that last season and finished 3rd in the 2nd tier in Scotland despite playing some clubs that are part time filled with postmen, mechanics ect.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was at the Ireland v Scotland match in Dublin on Saturday. The Scottish fans were magnificent, friendly, the majority kilted up, singing, and came in their thousands. One thing that was very noticeable was the total lack of Rangers and Celtic sectarian lunacy amongst them. It was if Scotland is the club followed by the other clubs up there.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I was at the Ireland v Scotland match in Dublin on Saturday. The Scottish fans were magnificent, friendly, the majority kilted up, singing, and came in their thousands. One thing that was very noticeable was the total lack of Rangers and Celtic sectarian lunacy amongst them. It was if Scotland is the club followed by the other clubs up there.

Not all but a large percentage of ''travelling'' Scotland fans tends to be from the North and the highlands , that might be the reason why the religious bigotry wasn't on show

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not all but a large percentage of ''travelling'' Scotland fans tends to be from the North and the highlands , that might be the reason why the religious bigotry wasn't on show

Whoever they were fair play to them. Sang their hearts out, good natured, good humoured and good craic.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Unfortunately these days a sgnificant percentage of Celtic fans from Glasgow and the West of Scotland support the Republic rather than Scotland, whilst a significant percentage of Rangers fans don't even consider themselves Scottish but "Glasgow British". It is not uncommon to see England tops on display amongst the more neanderthal sections of the Rangers support. As a result whilst there are a lot of travelling fans from the West of Scotland they tend to support the non Rantic teams from there. Most other large clubs in Scotland, ie the two Edinburgh clubs, the Dundee clubs and Aberdceen are very well represented amongst the Scotland travelling support but there is no animosity between each other at these games. I normally follow Scotland with a group of predominantly Hibs fans with a couple of Celtic fans, a Thistle fan and a Rangers fan

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Unfortunately these days a sgnificant percentage of Celtic fans from Glasgow and the West of Scotland support the Republic rather than Scotland, whilst a significant percentage of Rangers fans don't even consider themselves Scottish but "Glasgow British". It is not uncommon to see England tops on display amongst the more neanderthal sections of the Rangers support. As a result whilst there are a lot of travelling fans from the West of Scotland they tend to support the non Rantic teams from there. Most other large clubs in Scotland, ie the two Edinburgh clubs, the Dundee clubs and Aberdceen are very well represented amongst the Scotland travelling support but there is no animosity between each other at these games. I normally follow Scotland with a group of predominantly Hibs fans with a couple of Celtic fans, a Thistle fan and a Rangers fan

I don't think you can say that they do not see themselves as Scottish...........North Lanarkshire was one of the few large populated constituencies which actually voted for Devolution, although I will concede, the religious divide is still massive in the West of Scotland

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Wow, call me naive but I thought the Scots put their differences behind them when it came to supporting the national side. Makes the whole concept of Scottish independance seem a really bizarre thing.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Wow, call me naive but I thought the Scots put their differences behind them when it came to supporting the national side. Makes the whole concept of Scottish independance seem a really bizarre thing.
I know plenty of Airdrie fans that won't support Scotland,saying that it is a very Orange Town.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
In the 60s,70s and 80s Scotland fans who travelled were a majority of Rangers fans. In the 90s it became more balanced across the board with the exception of Celtic who were always an 'Eire' club. Then in the 00's and especially in the later years when Rangers fans perceived, whether for right or wrong reasons, that they were persecuted, Rangers fans withdrew big time from the Scotland Supporters Club. Then with the early 10's demotion to the Third Division, the support amongst the Rangers fans diminished to a small %.
Overall it is better for Scotland that they are more evenly represented across the board. Celtic will always be an 'Eire' Club and Glasgow Rangers will always be a 'Great British' club.
FACT. I so hope 'we' (Scotland) qualify for the finals as I hope 'we' (England) do also.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here