Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor old Rangers

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Shouldn't they just award the MTL trophy to Celtic for the 2015/16 season now.

One. Horse. Race.
This reminds me. I plan on arm wrestling my youngest son tomorrow. I'll report back to let you know how it goes. And before you say anything, there are no easy arm wrestles in our household. Even against four year olds, you have to remain PROFESSIONAL.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Glorious news!

Will be curious as to how they'll carry on with their bafflingly high wage structure without the riches of the SPL...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"Hello, Dr Johnson?"
"Yes....."
"It's me, Guinness Boy. It's happened again. I massively couldn't give a shit about the lopsided, terrible quality, sectarian driven Monkey Tennis League, aka Fitba. And yet I opened a thread about it."
"OK. I want you to picture some really pasty gingers frothing at the mouth."
"Are they terribly white?"
"They make Polar Bears look suntanned. They're almost transparent."
"Christ, MAKE IT STOP!"
"That's better. Now move slowly away from the keyboard and cease typing."
"OK. No probl

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Shouldn't they just award the MTL trophy to Celtic for the 2015/16 season now.

One. Horse. Race.

Rangers have been decimated this season by Ashley's influence.
Since he has been involved they are struggling to beat Scottish League 1 teams.
If they did manage to get promoted, I think they would be struggling to get results next season.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The English Premiership was won with more games to go than the SPL this season

That's not really the point. We didn't know who was going to win the Premier League before the season had even started, we KNOW Celtic are going to win it next season.

Motherwell's 950 strong away support ROARED them to victory last night. #MonkeyTennis

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As funny as seeing Rangers get stuffed by the dog and duck in the Iron Bru Highland part time MTL play off is, I do admire the Scotch FA for giving Rangers a proper punishment even more so given the obvious consequences to the league and thier European ranking.

It's a stark contrast to a 10 point slap on the wrist for administration or QPRS FFP 'punishment' which we all know now will be nothing.

Rangers have been decimated this season by Ashley's influence.
Since he has been involved they are struggling to beat Scottish League 1 teams.
If they did manage to get promoted, I think they would be struggling to get results next season.

I don't profess to be an expert, or even remotely knowledgeable about Scottish Football but didn't Ashley bung them 10 Million quid to keep them afloat this season?

Personally, I couldn't give a shit about the MTL and Rangers and Celtic especially.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I don't profess to be an expert, or even remotely knowledgeable about Scottish Football but didn't Ashley bung them 10 Million quid to keep them afloat this season?

Personally, I couldn't give a shit about the MTL and Rangers and Celtic especially.

He gave them a sum of money and proceeded to ship 5 of their players to Newcastle.

SAC

May 21, 2014
As funny as seeing Rangers get stuffed by the dog and duck in the Iron Bru Highland part time MTL play off is, I do admire the Scotch FA for giving Rangers a proper punishment even more so given the obvious consequences to the league and thier European ranking.

It's a stark contrast to a 10 point slap on the wrist for administration or QPRS FFP 'punishment' which we all know now will be nothing.

I'm also no expert of Scotch fitba but I think the punishments for going into administration is the same in Scotland as it is in England. Rangers were deducted 10 points for going into administration but were relegated to the 3rd division when they were liquidated.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here