Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul McShane- Could do a job?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
See he's been released by Hull... Carrying on with the seeming obsession of some regarding ex players returning, surely we should sign him up?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nah yesterday's man and couldn't wait to get away last time. Not good enough for Hull he ain't good enough for the mighty Albion :smile:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes of course he could - along with Zamora, Ulloa, Buckley, Bennett, Cook, Elphick, Bridcutt, etc, etc. After all, they all meet the only qualification acceptable for new signings, don't they - they've played for us before.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I'd be happy with him, personally.

Agreed. Nothing to do with him being here before but he has been a solid prem centre back for a few years. Age would be my only concern, be must me rong side of 30 now? Such a shame we couldn't push the boat out for van dyke when Gus was here

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nah yesterday's man and couldn't wait to get away last time. Not good enough for Hull he ain't good enough for the mighty Albion :smile:

I don't recall any 'bad' feelings when he came to the end of his loan spell. He won Player of the Season, if I remember rightly?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Agreed. Nothing to do with him being here before but he has been a solid prem centre back for a few years. Age would be my only concern, be must me rong side of 30 now? Such a shame we couldn't push the boat out for van dyke when Gus was here
The 'played for us before' comment was tongue in cheek as I knew it would be brought up regardless. For me though McShane is a realistic target in terms of wages and ability, solid lower end Premiership centre back and he's 29 so you'd hope he'd have a good 4/5 years minimum left in him as a centre back.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I thought he would be the wrong side of 30 but he is 'only' 29. Could he be the Upson type experienced defender, and move GG to the bench.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
One of the attributes that the team lacked last season was a certain amount of steel and commitment - until Kayal arrived, that is. If we could sign someone like McShane, that would provide another important part of the solid spine that any successful team needs.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I thought he would be the wrong side of 30 but he is 'only' 29. Could he be the Upson type experienced defender, and move GG to the bench.

the irony of it all is that mcshane must be 3 or 4 inches shorter than greer but is probably much times many better with his head.....stick someone beside greer who actually likes heading the ball..( reasonably important for a centre back ) and the guy might open up a bit...!!

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
McShane's release was nothing to do with lack of ability. I wouldn't be surprised if he joins another Premier League team. His wage demands are probably too much for us, anyway.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't recall any 'bad' feelings when he came to the end of his loan spell. He won Player of the Season, if I remember rightly?

He did, he was immense but he didn't want to stay (understandably) so "tongue in cheek" I don't want him back! We could do worse as he can also fill in as a full back as well as central defence. Although I am hoping for signings with real pace all over the pitch and he is not one of them.

The current side has no pace at all, Lua Lua prefers to piss around with the ball before setting off these days and March seems to be too fragile to be a professional footballer. We need pace everywhere imho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here