Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Assuming wages were reasonable, would YOU bring Bobby Zamora back?

Assuming wages were reasonable, would YOU bring Bobby Zamora back?

• Yes I would

Votes: 193 75.4%
  • No I wouldn't

Votes: 63 24.6%

• Total voters

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Not sure. Like to think we will try and get some younger, fitter players. However, could be a back up but can we afford to many of those.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes. Perfect upgrade on COG, so sign him up and take COG's saved wages into account when costing the deal.

:rock:

Yes - remember the role a very ageing Jason Roberts played for promoted Reading not so long ago

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We need 3 strikers so yes I'd like him as one. Frazier Campbell worth a look too if he's released..?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Would be a disaster bringing him back and before you know it the club will be forking out for a loan striker to cover his continuous absence in the first team.Just isn't upto it anymore and scores about once every 6 months.

Pointless and waste of wages

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why do we keep talking about bringing our ex-players back to the club? Aren't there any other footballers to discuss out there?

Does your head in doesn't it....Its relentless and pathetic and some sort of loyalty thing with some as they think that these ex players loved the club lol.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes - remember the role a very ageing Jason Roberts played for promoted Reading not so long ago

And Kevin Phillips for Palace.

Bobby was quoted on 9th May in The Independent as saying: “I’d love to stay in the Premier League. If people are looking for a different option, I think I could be that. That’s down to managers, clubs and owners to make those decisions.”

I fancy his preference would be someone like Bournemouth or Watford to offer him a 2-year deal - I can't see too many other Prem suitors. The thing is both of those clubs have goalscorers and will be looking to strengthen in other areas.

However, now that Bobby's officially being released at the end of June there is an opportunity for Bloom to convince Bobby to sign. I think the deal could happen if Bloom wanted it to happen. The fact that Leicester and Sunderland both stayed up and Ulloa scored a few goals will net us a windfall and that might make the difference.

I'd love him to come back, but we can't blow the budget on him. That said, our first signing needs to be a forward in order to demonstrate to other potential signings we've taken steps to address our poor goal record of recent seasons.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If his wages were affordable.
If he kept fit.
If we bought players that could play off him.
Didn't Rudyard Kipling write a poem about all this?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"To complement our new, young, dynamic, international strike force, the Albion is pleased to announce the return of Bobby Zamora who's experience will prove invaluable in the forthcoming season".

Anything and the club should forget it.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
He's exactly the type of player Baldock needs to play off so I say go get him and if (and I t's a big if) Hughton actually plays 2 up front we could be a real threat

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
The forward options needs a lot of work. Baldock +Zamora +COG + Colunga isn't a strike force that will fire the club up into the top half of the table, nor will it strike fear into opposing defenders. If Colunga & COG do go to other clubs and we can bring entice someone like James Wilson down for a season, I wouldn't be opposed to Zamora being the experienced head, especially if it was on sensible wages and some of his knowledge can be passed down onto James Tilley.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Some other stuff about Zamora:

1. According to Wikipedia, he's played in 125 games over the past 6 seasons.
2.. He hasn't played more than 26 games in a single season in that time.
3. Hasn't scored more than 8 league goals in a season since 2006/07.
4. To contend for promotion we'd still need to find that 20-goal a season man (shurely that can't be Baldock?!?), and that costs money.
5. For this signing to have any chance of working out he'd need to be surrounded by attacking players who are fast and intelligent, able to collect his flick-ons and lay-offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here