Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amberley Heritage Museum

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Picking up on Bozza's thread about Legoland, I ventured to Amberley on Monday for the first time in years.

Great day out.

Free parking, entrance was £10 for Adults, £9 for 60+. You can opt to pay an extra £1 on gift aid.
Can't remember kiddy or family prices but they were reasonable.

Steam train rides (free) heritage bus rides - on monday an old S Reg Southdown bus (VAP628S?) but they do run older ones.(free)

Assorted indoor exhibitions. TV/RADIO, Electrical appliances, Electric vehicles, Post Office including old phones and vehicles, Road Surfacing equipment.

Other areas included Printing equipment (volunteers were showing kids how to print), pottery and woodcraft.

Good cheap fun day out.

Car park is by the station. A reasonable flattish walk to the entrance. Everything seemed wheelchair accessible.

If you take a picnic take it in with you the first time. You have to carry it but it is better than having to go back to the car.

Don't forget they filmed park of Bond movie 'A View to a Kill' there. Using the mine entrance as the Mainstrike Mine.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Picking up on Bozza's thread about Legoland, I ventured to Amberley on Monday for the first time in years.

Great day out.

Free parking, entrance was £10 for Adults, £9 for 60+. You can opt to pay an extra £1 on gift aid.
Can't remember kiddy or family prices but they were reasonable.

Steam train rides (free) heritage bus rides - on monday an old S Reg Southdown bus (VAP628S?) but they do run older ones.(free)

Assorted indoor exhibitions. TV/RADIO, Electrical appliances, Electric vehicles, Post Office including old phones and vehicles, Road Surfacing equipment.

Other areas included Printing equipment (volunteers were showing kids how to print), pottery and woodcraft.

Good cheap fun day out.

Car park is by the station. A reasonable flattish walk to the entrance. Everything seemed wheelchair accessible.

If you take a picnic take it in with you the first time. You have to carry it but it is better than having to go back to the car.

Don't forget they filmed park of Bond movie 'A View to a Kill' there. Using the mine entrance as the Mainstrike Mine.

Went a few years ago----good day out------We must go again-----thanks for the reminder :thumbsup:

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
A fantastic museum in lovely countryside.

Plus they have a beer festival at the end of August :)

Jul 7, 2003
Haven't been for a few years but always good value for money. The worst bit is that strange communications shed with old phones etc inside. I can remember using quite a few of them - especially the old mobile phones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here