Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Council, same old problem.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
No more words needed, except put a JCB behind the caravans and tip them over the cliffs at Rottingdean. SCAN0259.JPG

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
They were in the green at hangleton last week...piles of rubbish and what looked suspiciously like a pile of human waste next to it!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I remember the spin put out by Councillors when they were deciding to build Horsedean.

It went something like "If we build Horsedean, it means we will be able to remove them from other sites in the city more quickly"

Then we had 'acceptable sites' like the top of Ditchling Road, and now we are back to the out of control position we had before.

I appreciate that occasionally they can plead a case like pregnancy which means a small cluster can be allowed to stay somewhere but this lot are taking the p.

We should not have to put up with funding rubbish clear ups or bunding mounds. It should simply be a case of move or we will drag you off. Oh and here is a £80 on the spot fine for no road tax.

Time for the new Council to show some fight.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
In fairness to the new council which ever flag was hoisted from the town Hall was always going to have these filthy animals arriving any time soon, perhaps we should adopt that **** KitKat's version of events and open discussion with them

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
In fairness to the new council which ever flag was hoisted from the town Hall was always going to have these filthy animals arriving any time soon, perhaps we should adopt that **** KitKat's version of events and open discussion with them

Discussion should be, go to Horsedean or Whitehawk Caravan Park or leave the city end of.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Time for the new Council to show some fight.

I very much doubt they will though. Neither Tory or Labour administrations of the past have done very much to solve the problem and the Greens did absolutely nothing ( other than suggest talking to the travellers and deciding we could 'tolerate' some sites ).

Warren Morgan might end up being quoted as wanting to be tough on the problem but you can bet your bottom dollar that he, nor any of his councillors, nor any of the other councillors nor any of the city's three MPs have even lobbied the government for greater powers to deal with these pests.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Update on the Argus article
UPDATE 27/05/15 at 10.15am - Brighton and Hove City Council has informed us the travellers have been moved on by Sussex Police.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

The law will be changed soon for the whole country, thanks to a motion already started during the last parliament by the Tory MP for..........Woodingdean (Kemp Town)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Posted on Sussex Traveller Movements and News Updates on FB nearly an hour ago

anyone going to hollingbury park near golf club stay well away from travellers there my five year old granddaughter has just been subjected to a knife brandishing ordeal,police are attending

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The law will be changed soon for the whole country, thanks to a motion already started during the last parliament by the Tory MP for..........Woodingdean (Kemp Town)

Hasn't anyone suggested he should try Senokot tablets ??? Blocked or slow motions for the last 12 weeks isn't good for you :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Posted on Sussex Traveller Movements and News Updates on FB nearly an hour ago

anyone going to hollingbury park near golf club stay well away from travellers there my five year old granddaughter has just been subjected to a knife brandishing ordeal,police are attending

Any chance of a copy & paste ? There are still millions of UK residents and the odd NSCer who don't have anything to do with Facebook.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A friend of mine had her daughter bulied by one of their kids in Preston Park.

As people have seen, I will always fight for the rights of people to live outside of mainstream society and be afforded support and protection. But with rights come responsibilities.

Some of them locally are a law unto themselves though. This has to stop.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Any chance of a copy & paste ? There are still millions of UK residents and the odd NSCer who don't have anything to do with Facebook.

That was C&Ped from FB

Apparently the police have been and not found the knife, so no action.

Typical

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
4095666267.jpg

The scum have arrived in Bexhill as well, that's put paid to any cricket for a while

Just adjust the scoring system......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here