Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poll: What do you (or did you) look for most in a date?

Poll: What do you (or did you) look for in a date?

• Intelligence

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Personality

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Sex

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Attractiveness

• Wealth

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Compatibility

• Never dated

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Poll: What do you (or did you) look for most in a date?

I saw a video that humans are no longer evolving as survival of the fittest but are chosing partners based on attractiveness and intelligence. What do you look for most in a date?

One answer.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
No one looks for one thing do they - if your date looks like Heidi Klum but they start extolling the virtues on Mein Kampf half way through the date 98% of people are walking away.

If I had to choose one thing it's probably not on your list and that's kookiness, I like my date to be a bit kooky or have something unique about them.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
No one looks for one thing do they - if your date looks like Heidi Klum but they start extolling the virtues on Mein Kampf half way through the date 98% of people are walking away.

If I had to choose one thing it's probably not on your list and that's kookiness, I like my date to be a bit kooky or have something unique about them.

Unless they were the usual racists from NSC, of course.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
saa.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Laughter and silliness above all. If a partner, or friends for that matter, can't amuse me, I don't really see the point.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No one looks for one thing do they - if your date looks like Heidi Klum but they start extolling the virtues on the EU half way through the date 98% of people are walking away.

Now this is my dream date.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I think it is imperative that a mutual respect and compatibility is essential to form the basis of a solid relationship, whether it be platonic or more emotional and physical.

I think K'B'W should compile some sort of questionnaire to aid clarification in this area.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Surely has to be a combination of all of those (except wealth) or there is no point?
I saw a video that humans are no longer evolving as survival of the fittest but are chosing partners based on attractiveness and intelligence..
Surely that is quite literally the survival of the fittest? If that's what people are selecting then it's still natural selection.

Also "survival of the fittest" has not generally been used in an evolutionary sense since the 1870s.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The wife goes for the top 4 obviously.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

A cock ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I saw a video that humans are no longer evolving as survival of the fittest but are chosing partners based on attractiveness and intelligence. What do you look for most in a date?

did it explain why those criteria aren't considered the "fittest"? given our main evolutionary advantage is intelligence, i'd say its the best criteria.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I went for attractiveness, simply because despite how great a personality they may have or how much they make you laugh etc you still need to be half decent looking for that to work on me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here