Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Legoland

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm going tomorrow. I've not been to a UK theme park for many, many years and I'm fearful of the whole experience.

Traffic permitting we'll be there early, pre-opening, ready to go.

Give me your best tips to enjoy the day or, at least, escape with my sanity. Thanks.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Buy the queue buster thing. It's expensive, it's galling to pay for it but it is worth it.

How old are the kids? Defines what to do. From an adult 40 year old perspective, the lego star wars bit by the entrance is ace.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I wouldn't call it a theme park...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Not been for years but stick to the little model village and you will be fine. There's a Lego palace pier amongst other highlights.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Take plenty of money and just keep reminding yourself that you don't go to legoland everyday. It's only money and you can earn some more.
Best of luck.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Buy the queue buster thing. It's expensive, it's galling to pay for it but it is worth it.

How old are the kids? Defines what to do. From an adult 40 year old perspective, the lego star wars bit by the entrance is ace.

I've just looked up QBot. £15, £35 or £75 per person. £300 on top of the entrance fee for us to jump the queues a bit. That is expensive!

12 (girl) and 5 (boy).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You're certainly brave going during half term. Make sure you take swimming stuff as there's a water area the kids love and don't have to queue for. Given how busy it will be, try to do the big rides first and then do the Lego bit in the afternoon.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'm going tomorrow. I've not been to a UK theme park for many, many years and I'm fearful of the whole experience.

Traffic permitting we'll be there early, pre-opening, ready to go.

Give me your best tips to enjoy the day or, at least, escape with my sanity. Thanks.

Be afraid ----very afraid :eek:

I took my kids (four) a few years after it had opened & after we had done Florida a couple of times----they were obviously bored.
However they appear to have improved it since.
Personally I liked the view of Windsor Castle & all the planes going over every five minutes:moo:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've just looked up QBot. £15, £35 or £75 per person. £300 on top of the entrance fee for us to jump the queues a bit. That is expensive!

12 (girl) and 5 (boy).

Yeah but a percentage of that goes to the Tory party coffers for upholding good old Tory values I believe. Take one for the team and know that we're "all in it together", or not , as the case may be :wink:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

12 (girl) and 5 (boy).

We bought 2 q bot things and split it between me and the wife and one kid while the other did something else. If the weather is nice, I can't stress how long and frustrating the queues are and how much you want to punch people who saunter up and round the queue whilst you've been queuing for an hour behind a fat smelly northern family.

5 year old boy will like driving school but he might need to be 6 from memory and they will ask him his age so you may need him to lie about his age. The queues get bad for that so go early. The pedallo boat thing next to that is popular and the queue is awful. Go early again. For the 12 year old there are some water ski things that are popular down by the hotel. I lost the will to live queuing for some jcb diggers. It looked a short queue but 1 hour later....

We got a 2 day deal with holiday inn (they appear to have a tie in relationship with merlin) for that money it's possible you could get a deal for night on hotel and 2 days at the park for a similar price. Think we ended up at holiday inn reading.

And take a picnic.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I've got an annual pass as the kids love it (brought through Tesco vouchers) so here's my tips:

- rope drop is 10am, but get there around 9.30 so that u can get a q-bot pass. You can get these on the right hand side once you've got in. Two types of pass, the cheaper one is where u can book up a time in advance whilst the other option is unlimited.
- loads of people queue for the star wars so if it looks busy then leave it till end of day when it'll be dead.
- first thing to book up will be the car school, kids love it! (aged 6 upwards), lie about your sons age it'll be fine.
- take a picnic and get a spot at the pirate show, again kids love it.
- take some swimwear as they will want to go in the splash zone!
- even with the qbot be prepared to queue, u think getting a pint at half time is bad at the Amex just you wait!
- there's two good play areas which they will want to spend time in.

Have fun!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Big sting at the exit as if memory serves me correct you access via the Lego store, still have fun but glad visits like Legoland are no longer required for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here