Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any News Relating to Football Matters

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I've been away and was wondering if there is any news relating to transfers in or out at all. The Seagulls website is particularly uninformative except if i'm interested in our favourite chants, ffs, Calderwoods thoughts :ffsparr:, the Sussex Senior Cup Final :ffsparr::ffsparr: or anything else except whats going on. Can anyone help or is as bleak as i'm beginning to think. In four weeks time the players, whoever they may be , will be reporting back for training so surely something must be going on?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
We missed out on Mark Waddington - who was apparently a target - to Stoke
and also Jed Wallace - who wasn't a target - to Wolves.

We have been heavily linked to Mickael Le Bihan and Numancia striker Sergi Enrich, but are facing competition from elsewhere.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Le Bihan tweeted that he wasn't interested in playing in England.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Waiting for BHA-related transfer news is like Monty Python's news for parrots sketch (kind of):

Announcer (Michael Palin): Good evening. Here is the news for Parrots:

No parrots were involved in an accident on the M-1 today when a Lorry carrying High-octane fuel was in collison with a bollard. A spokesman for parrots said he was glad no parrots were involved. The Minister of Technology today met the three Russian leaders to discuss a 4 million pound airliner deal....None of them went in the cage, or swung on the little wooden trapeze or ate any of the nice millet seed. Yum, Yum.

That's the end of the news, now our program for parrots continues with Part 3 of 'A Tale of Two Cities', specially adapted for parrots by Joey-Boy. The story so far, Dr. Manette is in England after eighteen years...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It's far too early for any BHA signings. Best come back in the first week of August. More likely to see signings then. Need to economise on wages if at all possible so the later we sign players the better....

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
It's far too early for any BHA signings. Best come back in the first week of August. More likely to see signings then. Need to economise on wages if at all possible so the later we sign players the better....

I have experience of running a professional sports team and know from experience that the best, most sought after, promising and growing players will go first. A club needing to economise is club worth avoiding!These players will hold out for a better deal, but for the right club they will go quickly. The longer the wait, the further down the list we get, until we get to the unsigned, out of contract players, those desperate to get to England and the has beens. I would have thought that we might have made a flag ship signing given our complete inactivity in January. Lets hope we're keeping quiet on whats going on, but I am of course ready to be completely underwhelmed when any news comes in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We missed out on Mark Waddington - who was apparently a target - to Stoke
and also Jed Wallace - who wasn't a target - to Wolves.

We have been heavily linked to Mickael Le Bihan and Numancia striker Sergi Enrich, but are facing competition from elsewhere.

I was told a couple of weeks ago it was virtually a done deal,perhaps we missed out due to wages offered again, like happened with Ward, Grabban, possibly Clayton etc.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I've been away and was wondering if there is any news relating to transfers in or out at all. The Seagulls website is particularly uninformative except if i'm interested in our favourite chants, ffs, Calderwoods thoughts :ffsparr:, the Sussex Senior Cup Final :ffsparr::ffsparr: or anything else except whats going on. Can anyone help or is as bleak as i'm beginning to think. In four weeks time the players, whoever they may be , will be reporting back for training so surely something must be going on?

As someone pointed out on a recent thread, players are under contract with their old club until the 30th of June, so any players being released will be unavailable to sign until then.

The Premier League teams will publish their retained players list very soon (next week or so?) so most clubs will hold fire until they know who is available (why buy someone if you can get a better player in a couple of weeks time for free?)

Have patience, it's still very early yet.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Your having a..........

laugh.gif

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was told a couple of weeks ago it was virtually a done deal,perhaps we missed out due to wages offered again, like happened with Ward, Grabban, possibly Clayton etc.

I can't make my mind up as to whether you're extremely gullible, or you're making it up as you go along.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can't make my mind up as to whether you're extremely gullible, or you're making it up as you go along.

This came from a personal friend of his who has known him a long time and was made in a general conversation I shall be at Brighton in a couple of weeks, not in answer to a specific question. So it was obviously very near to finalising or at least he thought it was.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This came from a personal friend of his who has known him a long time and was made in a general conversation I shall be at Brighton in a couple of weeks, not in answer to a specific question. So it was obviously very near to finalising.
Or he was checking out the SeaLife centre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here