• Other

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's time to pick your comedy team of this season, we've got some good contenders this year.

Last year Man Utd took a narrow victory from Cardiff, but neither of these teams even feature this season.

The contenders:

Liverpool - After finishing second last season they looked set to mount another strong challenge, at least staying in the top four. Things didn't quite work out, dumped out of the Champions League (followed by the Europa League) in tame fashion, never in the running for a top four spot. An easy looking FA Cup semi-final surely gave them hope of some silverware, Villa had other ideas. Then of course there's Steven Gerrard, how are the AMAZING Liverpool fans going to cope without their messiah? A 6-1 defeat to Stoke rounded off a fine season.

Newcastle - The fans spent most of the season trying to run Pardew out of the club. He finally left and they went on their worst ever run of defeats and just about stayed in the Premier League.

Palace - Contractual obligation. Sadly there's not much to say...

Portsmouth - Just because they're Portsmouth and they failed to even get near the play-offs.

Derby - Once again looked like the best team in the division. A couple of injuries and a lack of plan B saw them tumble from the top and fail to even make the play-offs.

QPR - Showing that they really compete with the big boys after 'arry did another triffic job. Of course to the rest of the world they underachieved once again, getting relegated with a whimper and apparently were able to "write off" a massive debt.

Brighton - A new entry this year, things didn't quite go to plan. Sold most of our best players, replaced them with League One quality at the very end of the transfer window. Then there's Hyppia, you can't say too many positive things about his spell in charge. Play-offs to relegation fight in one season, lets hope this is the only appearance here.

Other - I did think about Blackpool but that's a sad story as opposed to comedy.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What about Celtic?

Despite being "too good" to play in the Champions League qualifying rounds, they then got knocked out of them. Twice.

As I said last year, if we're going to include Scottish teams we might as well include the ENTIRE Scottish "Professional" League.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Derby for me. The wally with the brolly complained about his team letting in poor quality goals. He should have had a better defence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Newcastle just kept giving all season long.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Liverpool for me, Newcastle second, and the club with the greatest fans in the world #twats in third for their lowest ever football league finish. :moo:.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How can it not be QPR? A squad loaded with fancy dans, that horrendous run of away defeats, 'Arry deserting the sinking ship, appointing a novice in his place, end of season capitulations 6-0 to Citeh and 5-1 to Leicester, and not forgetting getting dumped out of the Cups 3-0 at home by Sheff Utd and 1-0 away by Burton Albion. And I haven't even mentioned breaking FFP and a potential £58m penalty.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Close between Newcastle and QPR for me, though I think the Geordie massive just scrape it.

To be banging on about wanting rid of Pardew for so long only to get the season they had once he'd left should serve as a stark warning to fans everywhere that getting what you want may not always be a good thing.

If Carver is appointed permanently off the back of keeping them up then I'd like to suggest they be given the prize for next season now as well, just to save time.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Liverpool by a MILE.

1. Balotelli
2. Rogers’ continued insistence that they are a great team of world class players
3. The two Gerrard farewell defeats
4. Lallana being average
5. Lovren being worse than average
6. Abject European failure
7. Mignolet getting a roasting from G-Nev on MNF
8. Sakho being shit
9. Losing to Newcastle, Hull and Villa (TWICE)
10. The current Sterling shambles
11. Lamberts glorious return home = barely playing

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Newcastle have got to romp home with this award. Made even funnier by actually staying in the Premier League and so providing us with another chance to watch them implode. Hopefully they'll get a manager and support him now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Liverpool by a MILE.

1. Balotelli
2. Rogers’ continued insistence that they are a great team of world class players
3. The two Gerrard farewell defeats
4. Lallana being average
5. Lovren being worse than average
6. Abject European failure
7. Mignolet getting a roasting from G-Nev on MNF
8. Sakho being shit
9. Losing to Newcastle, Hull and Villa (TWICE)
10. The current Sterling shambles
11. Lamberts glorious return home = barely playing

This.

You can add the fans claiming they are going to walk the league
Rodgers claiming they wouldn't do a Spurs, then finishing below Spurs
Blaming the FA for everything that has gone wrong this season
sturridge
Gerrards red card against United
After being told Liverpools name is on the cup for months, losing to Villa.

Also if Villa win the cup, it will see Liverpools season start in July!

Honestly thought for 8 months last year I would have to retire LOLerpool, however the past 12 months have seen it back in style starting from the Gerrard slip.

Add it all up and it has to be LOLerpool

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Newcastle are winning this by a margin, but in their defence they did manage to survive relegation, they did reach 5th at one point and were mid-table when Pardew left, and they did show some guts on the final day to beat West Ham.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Newcastle are winning this by a margin, but in their defence they did manage to survive relegation, they did reach 5th at one point and were mid-table when Pardew left, and they did show some guts on the final day to beat West Ham.

I'm quite surprised Newcastle are ROMPING home, I really thought this was Liverpool's to lose. Still, it's nothing new seeing Liverpool FAIL to win something they've been tipped for.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm quite surprised Newcastle are ROMPING home, I really thought this was Liverpool's to lose. Still, it's nothing new seeing Liverpool FAIL to win something they've been tipped for.

Is this because for so many years Newcastle has been the default answer?

I have to say that Liverpool have almost unlimited comedy team potential. They combine the arrogance and backwards focus of Leeds Utd with the ability to replace quality with sh1te like Newcastle United. Their bonkers fans are right up there with the worst of them too, as young Mr Sterling will testify.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I picked Sunderland, but Hull ran them close.

But maybe their players were just not good enough?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
After Derby's comedy performance at the AMEX it has to be them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here