Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article on QPR - interesting facts about Brighton

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Brighton have the highest attendance? I thought that was always "Mighty Leeds United: Kings of Europe"? Or famed Big Club Sheffield Wednesday?

Still, some interesting factoids there. Also interesting that 2 of the 3 clubs that recorded a profit in 2013/14 were relegated in 2014/15...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Swiss Ramble always v.good on football finances.
Also shows that Albion had the 8th biggest Championship wage bill in 2013/14. (20m compared to QPR's mind boggling £75m)
Yeah but facts prove nothing.
For all we know you and El Pres are Swiss Ramble just so you can peddle Blooms scratched record to a larger audience.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
For all we know you and El Pres are Swiss Ramble just so you can peddle Blooms scratched record to a larger audience.

I'm Swiss Ramble and so's my wife*

*Except she's going to ban me from NSC if i waste any more time on here instead of walking the dogs, tidying up and mowing the lawn so probably not.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
% of wages to turnover is probably the most crucial and revealing.

QPR top of course, with a mindboggling 195%. Plucky little Bournemouth not far behind in 2nd with 172%.

We're 16th with 85%.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
% of wages to turnover is probably the most crucial and revealing.

... Plucky little Bournemouth not far behind in 2nd with 172%.

And yet they were FFP compliant. Somehow.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sigh ..............................................

I remember when the game was all about 22 men and a football.

That was a LONG time ago though. Jimmy Hill removing the maximum wage started the move away from that point,. Sky and Murdoch built it a gold plated coffin and buried it 60 foot under.

robynsdad

Jan 29, 2012
And yet they were FFP compliant. Somehow.

Let me take this opportunity (again) to highlight this interesting little site:

https://www.theoffshoregame.net/the-offshore-league/

This quote stood out for me:

'Bournemouth appears so far up the table because we were entirely unable to determine the jurisdiction where their parent company, AFCB Enterprises Limited was registered, never mind starting to assess its transparency'

The guys that put this together do know what they are doing, so, while there may be an innocent explanation, this doesn't look great or bode well.

Not only has British football been stolen from fans - we are increasingly in a position where we don't even know who the thieves are.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Hmm, it shows that Brighton is a very well football club financially. Shame they haven't matched that on the pitch this season, but maybe the pieces are closer to falling into place than we think.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Swiss Ramble is a Gooner but the Albion are his second team. He's the daddy as far as I'm concerned when it comes to the numbers.

Thoroughly decent chap.

He reads NSC too!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Swiss Ramble is a Gooner but the Albion are his second team. He's the daddy as far as I'm concerned when it comes to the numbers.

Thoroughly decent chap.

He reads NSC too!
Yeah but can he ride a bike?

D

Deleted member 22389

What they should do in the Premier League is make all tickets the same price and make it affordable. I would say £10.00 - £15.00 is acceptable. The money these clubs get from TV Revenue should be used to fund these cheaper tickets for all supporters then there wouldn't feel like there is such a gap. How it would work for example if say one club gets 40k attendance and another get 23k I wouldn't know. If that ends up with clubs having less money for players then eventually players wages and transfer fees would have come down, that would leave the players in a take it or leave it situation. One players earnings in a week being the same as someone who has to work three years for the same amount, just shows how out of control the whole system has got.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here