Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benno

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm sure I remember reading E Bennetts' contract was up at Norwich? Can't see them offering him a new deal if true now they're up...

Obviously we'll be a good choice for him given his history and his Mrs etc...

If we could get the old Benno back it would be some bit of business...!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Judging by his loan spell...no thanks.

Not saying I was happy when Norwich prised him away mind, but things move on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I feel that he didnt do himself a lot of favours when he was here on loan due to the role he played but as an out wide midfielder as CH played him I think he would be a good signing . He can get forward to support the strikers and can also get back to help the full back His opportunities may be limited with them being promoted so now may be a good time for CH to try to resign him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't think we can possibly get him, as I thought he wasn't out of contract this year, but would love him back.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't think it's fair to judge him on a brief loan spell having had a bad injury and not played regularly for a while. He's been playing a bit for promoted Norwich recently so I'm sure they've seen him looking more like his old self. He was outstanding when he was here, particularly the champions season - I'd take him back on a long contract without doubt..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't think we can possibly get him, as I thought he wasn't out of contract this year, but would love him back.

Just had a search and he's got another year to run. Doh!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A year to run he could still be available for a cheap fee, im sure they will be making plenty of additions to that squad now. I would love him back.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Whilst I'm in the 'he wasn't the most impressive on loan' camp you've got to factor in his injury and lack of game time. Look at Carayol, didn't pull up any trees whilst he was here yet agreed a two-year deal with a side still (at the time) in with a good shout of premier league football for the next season. On song, Bennett would be a great signing for us. We're crying out for some quality on the wings and he'd fit the bill perfectly.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Just forget the loan spell he had with us. Don't even have to mention injuries or games played. Just 2 words will give you all the reason to wipe that spell out of ur heads... Sammy hype, er, fogot his name. Some Finn or some clueless c*nt who would make messi look a bad player. It's a no brainer , sign him up.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Began to hit some form at the end of his loan spell, but returned to Norwich and got injured soon after. I'd take him at a low price as he's better than any of our current wingers but we've had our fair share of crocked wingers in the past few years.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Today's Argus.....
2b51b40dfbf2d161ba3d5bc2a8845912.jpg

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Wasn't brilliant on loan but I suspect could probably still deliver. If nothing else, I can't imagine that he wouldn't give it his all for the club, which counts for something.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Benno + 5 others is just what we need. Sign him up, Tony.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd have him back in a heartbeat if the chance presented itself

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yes, but we need to get him in soon. Given his recent history, I think we need to give him a full, hard pre-season to really get him to peak fitness.

Don't judge him on this season. He was one of our many signings based on our latest strategy of "Helping players regain fitness for their parent clubs" before sending them back the moment they're fit enough to actually contribute.

We need fit, not injured and healthy, not fat. Shouldn't be too hard, no?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd be very very pleased with him. I think we should learn the lessons from B-Muff, Watford & Norwich who scored their way out of the championship. For me, that means playing 3-5-2 with wing backs. Elliot would make a superb right wing back for us! With Zamora & Baldock up front, who could stop us? Bring back the old boys!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here