Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are we going to do to fix the backroom mistakes?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Obviously we've gone over the points of both Palace league top scorer this year Glenn Murray and Leicester league top scorer this year Ulloa and their respected transfers or lack of.

But looking today at some of the other little ones we seem to have really messed up on.

Adam Clayton starts in the final today, Lewis Grabban is playing for the other side.

These constant mistakes to not chase the right men such as those above makes me wonder what exactly we're going to do different to fix it? This has been going on for years for us, it feels more so than is normal at any other club.

What is wrong, and what can we do to fix it?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think you FAILED to mention the player who committed the most fouls in 2014/15 too, Step Forward ASHLEY BARNES :bowdown:

Obviously we've gone over the points of both Palace league top scorer this year Glenn Murray and Leicester league top scorer this year Ulloa and their respected transfers or lack of.

But looking today at some of the other little ones we seem to have really messed up on.

Adam Clayton starts in the final today, Lewis Grabban is playing for the other side.

These constant mistakes to not chase the right men such as those above makes me wonder what exactly we're going to do different to fix it? This has been going on for years for us, it feels more so than is normal at any other club.

Soon as we get rid of Barber and get a football man in advising Bloom the better,the soul has been ripped out of this club by that bean counter.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I think you FAILED to mention the player who committed the most fouls in 2014/15 too, Step Forward ASHLEY BARNES :bowdown:

Sorry, the same lad who made 34 prem apps and scored 5 goals. That's more prem apps than we've ever made :lolol:

Another silly thing for us to allow happen, should never have let AB go.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Paul Clement fave for Derby manager too, could be another humbling moment if he trailblazes the league with them when we picked Sami ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Paul Clement fave for Derby manager too, could be another humbling moment if he trailblazes the league with them when we picked Sami ???

Except it wouldn't be at all would it, seeing how we identified Clement way before Derby, but he did not want to leave Real at the time. It's not as though we CHOSE not to have him. Carry on spouting your anti club bollock though.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

IMO Kayal is better than Clayton. And with respect TB was right Grabban was not worth the extra money.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Soon as we get rid of Barber and get a football man in advising Bloom the better,the soul has been ripped out of this club by that bean counter.

What does Paul Barber have to do with player recruitment? I thought that was down to Burke's replacement - and his team.

Barber is remit is to bring revenue into the club – by all accounts he seems to be doing pretty well...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What does Paul Barber have to do with player recruitment? I thought that was down to Burke's replacement - and his team.

Barber is remit is to bring revenue into the club – by all accounts he seems to be doing pretty well...
Horse pooh.
We all know for a FACT Floom & Barberella are ruining my club.

I've never made a mistake in the 45 years I've been alive.
But not only are these cowpokes screwing everything up in the present, they can't even get the stuff right that didn't happen in the past.
All the time these varmints only care about spread sheets and not do what I say, it's obvious all the future holds is successive relegations.

Still at least I'm a loyal supporter, it's my club, I bleed blue and white.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, the same lad who made 34 prem apps and scored 5 goals. That's more prem apps than we've ever made :lolol:

Another silly thing for us to allow happen, should never have let AB go.

So, our 4 Seasons in the top division have been wiped from history now, have they?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So, our 4 Seasons in the top division have been wiped from history now, have they?
As football didn't begin until 1992, you need to get your facts straight.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

No, I said Prem apps, you can see that in my post.

Also lol at this being anti club, there is a far cry from being anti club to worried about the number of players slipping through the net. I know this attack culture on NSC is v popular these days but pls calm down.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

I don't think the board did anything wrong in selling Ulloa, the £8 million up front plus the £1 million we'll get for Leicester staying up this season is great, once it becomes obvious the lure of the Premier League is too much for a player to resist the board should get the best price they can for a player, and they certainly did that with Leo. What the board can be blamed for is not investing that money wisely back into a replacement.

Obviously with hindsight we should have kept Murray but that has been and gone and we cannot change it now, infact apart from Bloom there is no-one left at the club that was part of that decision, it was Poyet's decision though, he wasn't prepared to offer Murray the extra that he wanted. At the time Bloom trusted Poyet and there was no reason for him not too, we'd just won League 1 at a canter playing some fantastic football and the two got on very well, whatever soured their relationship was 18 months or so away.

Clayton chose Middlesbrough over us, nothing we can do about that, we cannot force players to join us. Grabban we weren't prepared to offer what he wanted, I don't want the club to break it's wage structure, it's a slippery slope that can only lead to a Portsmouth type situation. I am pretty certain Grabban wasn't that interested in joining and along with his agent were using us to get a better deal with Bournemouth anyway.

It hasn't been going wrong for years, we've been spoilt with having some very big name signings in the first few Amex seasons, Vicente, Bridge, Upson and to a certain extent Stephen Ward gave us a massive lift, this was the first season since the move that we didn't have a real marque signing, that coupled with a very poor season on the pitch leaves everyone feeling down.

The club need to get it right in this transfer window, it doesn't have to be big money signings, it has to be the right players. Hopefully removing Burke will give the manager more say/the final say in who we get in. He's 50/50 with me at the moment on his signings (I'm not counting the short term loan deals) Kayal looks to be tremendous value for money and was one of our best players in the second half of the season, he looks to be developing an understanding with Dale Stephens too. Leon Best is up there with Barndoor Billy and Obika in the terms of wastes of time. Best is possibly even higher as he has the talent but not the attitude to apply it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think the board did anything wrong in selling Ulloa, the £8 million up front plus the £1 million we'll get for Leicester staying up this season is great, once it becomes obvious the lure of the Premier League is too much for a player to resist the board should get the best price they can for a player, and they certainly did that with Leo. What the board can be blamed for is not investing that money wisely back into a replacement.

Obviously with hindsight we should have kept Murray but that has been and gone and we cannot change it now, infact apart from Bloom there is no-one left at the club that was part of that decision, it was Poyet's decision though, he wasn't prepared to offer Murray the extra that he wanted. At the time Bloom trusted Poyet and there was no reason for him not too, we'd just won League 1 at a canter playing some fantastic football and the two got on very well, whatever soured their relationship was 18 months or so away.

Clayton chose Middlesbrough over us, nothing we can do about that, we cannot force players to join us. Grabban we weren't prepared to offer what he wanted, I don't want the club to break it's wage structure, it's a slippery slope that can only lead to a Portsmouth type situation. I am pretty certain Grabban wasn't that interested in joining and along with his agent were using us to get a better deal with Bournemouth anyway.

It hasn't been going wrong for years, we've been spoilt with having some very big name signings in the first few Amex seasons, Vicente, Bridge, Upson and to a certain extent Stephen Ward gave us a massive lift, this was the first season since the move that we didn't have a real marque signing, that coupled with a very poor season on the pitch leaves everyone feeling down.

The club need to get it right in this transfer window, it doesn't have to be big money signings, it has to be the right players. Hopefully removing Burke will give the manager more say/the final say in who we get in. He's 50/50 with me at the moment on his signings (I'm not counting the short term loan deals) Kayal looks to be tremendous value for money and was one of our best players in the second half of the season, he looks to be developing an understanding with Dale Stephens too. Leon Best is up there with Barndoor Billy and Obika in the terms of wastes of time. Best is possibly even higher as he has the talent but not the attitude to apply it.

This post is spot on.

The jury is out WRT our new player recruitment team, but we really must get it right this window after our incredibly poor one last summer.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

Murray - was replaced by a man who scored more goals than him in the same division. Meanwhile he scored 7 goals. Four years later it's still being made out that it was a huge error - at the time there weren't complaints when CMS signed on the line, regardless of how he did after that. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Ulloa - we received TEN MILLION POUNDS for. You cannot possibly criticise that.

Clayton - professional northerner chooses northern club over southern club shocker.

Grabban - Money grabbing parasite who played Bournemouth off against us to double his own wage and then mugged off Norwich where he has been utter toilet.

These constant mistakes to not chase the right men such as those above

So your point is, we didn't chase people we'd already signed or did chase but didn't get? Bizarre.

I'm not sure how to fix a fictional problem. Criticise the club if you want for the acquisitions of Kemy, Harley, Dobbie, Best etc. But not for a couple of underwhelming players we didn't get (and appear to have dodged a bullet on), a player who left FOUR YEARS ago having run down his contract, and a player we sold after 1.5 seasons for 5x what we paid for him. Your point is ludicrous and nonsensical. It's like complaining we didn't sign Bale when he went to Madrid. It's a fictional and irrelevant scenario you've invented to have a dig at the club, to try and look wise and sanguine. It just makes you look ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here