Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facking bee hive!

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Since NSC knows most things...

We were moving some garden waste to the bottom of our garden, then I started to see some bees flying around, I poked the pile of garden waste and some more came out, but not many, I then used a shovel to see if there was a hive, I didn't see one, but at least 15 bees came flying out...

Has anybody got any tips on people that can remove bee hives???

It's not urgent as it is at the bottom of the garden.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Mason bee's by the sounds of it
do not upset them ...............................council might help!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

We were moving some garden waste to the bottom of our garden, then I started to see some bees flying around, I poked the pile of garden waste and some more came out, but not many, I then used a shovel to see if there was a hive, I didn't see one, but at least 15 bees came flying out...

My experience with Bees is that this is not so*. Get someone in asap, esp if you have kids or pets.

*my experience was with African bees, but even so. Never trust a bee!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
in garden waste you say? think the solution is just apply some combustion.

what... to smoke them out of course.

Yoda

English & European
Call a bee keeper not an exterminator. If they are a British Bumble, then at least he'll move them. Remember, the British bee is under threat and they are our biggest pollinators and honey makers.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Cover your nob with honey and wave it about in front of their hive, once you have their attention start running as fast as you can until you have lured them far enough away. Four or five miles is usually far enough.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Cover your nob with honey and wave it about in front of their hive, once you have their attention start running as fast as you can until you have lured them far enough away. Four or five miles is usually far enough.

That doesn't seem like a good idea.

:moo:.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Be careful, I was stung by a bee recently.........£4 for a jar of honey.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Call a bee keeper not an exterminator. If they are a British Bumble, then at least he'll move them. Remember, the British bee is under threat and they are our biggest pollinators and honey makers.

That's why I posted a link to the local beekeepers society.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Had the same problem a few years back so searched online for local bee keepers. Bloke came round and removed for free..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Were they quite Black bees with no orangre/yellow banding at all ? If so, I have some each year in the soil in the front garden right up close to the house. They stay for a couple of months then disappear, they are pretty innocuous. If yours are the same I'd let them er, bee, excuse the pun.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here