Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 120 million pound game

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
All commentators quoting this figure for today's game. Surely they are undervaluing it? A minimum of one years Prem TV money plus 4 years parachute payments must total more like £250 million?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sums up what football has become about for me. Instead of talking about the game in terms of being a promotion decider and the winner getting promoted to the top flight of English football, it is all about the money.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
All commentators quoting this figure for today's game. Surely they are undervaluing it? A minimum of one years Prem TV money plus 4 years parachute payments must total more like £250 million?

The new TV deal doesn't kick in until the 2016/17 season so the £120M estimate is still correct.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
From 2016/17 the club finishing bottom of the Premier League will get roughly £100M followed by THREE seasons of parachute payments also expected to be in the region of £100M.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sums up what football has become about for me. Instead of talking about the game in terms of being a promotion decider and the winner getting promoted to the top flight of English football, it is all about the money.

Sky are increasing their subsciptions on June 1st , three months earlier than normal. The annoying thing is they have raised the family bundle by £3 a month so the sports bundle only goes up by £1 a month , firstly those customers who don't take the sports package are being shafted and secondly the prices will be shooting up next year and the year after just to cover the amount Sky is shelling out for Premier League live TV rights.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I signed up to Sky on a deal which was £20 a month for everything (all sports and movies) but only for the first year. I think I'm at about 12 months now so either need to quit, or bend over and prepare to be shafted by them- what is full price for the all in package? £80?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Some MUPPET from NSC will be on the BBC World Service after the match finishes explaining how the numbers add up.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Don't subscribe. We were better off before Sky.

This.

I am cancelling tomorrow morning. I have wanted to for ages, but told my son he could have one more season. Even he is bored of the whole thing now.

The figures quoted in this thread are grotesque.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If I close my eyes, I can pretend you are only talking to me

I do have a recorded telephone line for only £1.50 a minute for those who get sexually aroused by football finance stories.Get your lube, wet wipes and chicken livers ready....

"They've kept within FFP guidelines and finished 20th in the table...."

"You'll be taking out a second mortgage to pay for your Sky subscription after they spunked £3 billion on a new Premier League deal...."

"Sales of Bentleys in Norwich/Middlesbrough (delete as necessary) are set to rocket this summer"

"The TRUTH about Dick Knight and the Wembley 1983 Cup Final Money"

"Glenn, Glenn, why did we let you go (accompanied by sad music and quiet sobbing)"

If those titles don't give you at least a SEMI you are either gay or dead.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I do have a recorded telephone line for only £1.50 a minute for those who get sexually aroused by football finance stories.Get your lube, wet wipes and chicken livers ready....

"They've kept within FFP guidelines and finished 20th in the table...."

"You'll be taking out a second mortgage to pay for your Sky subscription after they spunked £3 billion on a new Premier League deal...."

"Sales of Bentleys in Norwich/Middlesbrough (delete as necessary) are set to rocket this summer"

"The TRUTH about Dick Knight and the Wembley 1983 Cup Final Money"

"Glenn, Glenn, why did we let you go (accompanied by sad music and quiet sobbing)"

If those titles don't give you at least a SEMI you are either gay or dead.

SPUNKING money on overseas trash is my favorite

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don't subscribe. We were better off before Sky.

If it wasn't for this being an ashes summer, I would cancel. My main reason for keeping Sky nowadays is much more for the cricket than the football.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here