Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Sussex Resident on Talksport

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Talking in what was quite clearly a Tangmere born and raised accent about his beloved Liverpool. Next call up after his - some cockney geezer in London talking about his beloved Liverpool. Some people have no imagination whatsover.

(disclaimer - yes I know it's bloody Talksport)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Talking in what was quite clearly a Tangmere born and raised accent about his beloved Liverpool. Next call up after his - some cockney geezer in London talking about his beloved Liverpool. Some people have no imagination whatsover.

I know the type, never been to Anfield but first in front of the TV in the ' Farmers Arms' when Liverpool are on SKY.
Wearing his replica shirt with Gerard 8 on the back of course.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

Sorry. No sympathy, mate, that sort of radio encourages them. Why listen to it?
Liverpool are now better than Man Utd at attracting fake fans. Perhaps today's result will put the brakes on.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Liverpool are now better than Man Utd at attracting fake fans. Perhaps today's result will put the brakes on.

None expected. I hate Talksport for exactly that reason and was the first time I'd had it on in ages (honest guv) and this West Sussex twot was the first thing on, and I do mean 'thing'

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

He is the sort that calls Man Utd fans in Brighton glory hunters, with no hint of irony

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Don't get me started.

Kevin Clarke, from Worthing I believe, won the Talksport competition to be a pundit on the radio.

The agency engaged with promoting it for talksport and Carlsberg have been badgering me to run articles about this Albion fan for weeks. The Albion themselves ran a piece about this "Albion fan" including pictures with Hughton.

I heard him on Talksport this morning talking about commentating on Stevie G's last game and what it meant to him as a Liverpool fan.

Poor.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Don't get me started.

Kevin Clarke, from Worthing I believe, won the Talksport competition to be a pundit on the radio.

The agency engaged with promoting it for talksport and Carlsberg have been badgering me to run articles about this Albion fan for weeks. The Albion themselves ran a piece about this "Albion fan" including pictures with Hughton.

I heard him on Talksport this morning talking about commentating on Stevie G's last game and what it meant to him as a Liverpool fan.

Poor.

Hope he had a good day lol

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I was explaining to my boy this evening that the football team you support is decided, at birth, by the use of a map (and a ruler should there be any doubt); you cannot simply "choose" which team to support because they win a lot or have nice colours.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove

Why is this? Liverpool are shite. When I was at school they were very much the team that won everything hence got all the gloryhunter fans. But why now?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I was explaining to my boy this evening that the football team you support is decided, at birth, by the use of a map (and a ruler should there be any doubt); you cannot simply "choose" which team to support because they win a lot or have nice colours.

I agree. After all it's why all of us on here are Brighton fans, it's either our home town or we all have strong geographical links to this part of the world.

It's just a shame that so many of my friends have been corrupted by following the trend when at school or by trying to fit in with the popular crowd. Many of my mates are all prem supporting people, Utd, arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs etc. to be fair some of them do actually go to as many games as they can but the majority are the typical arm chair supporters who can't name a player from pre 2000ad.

Football has traditionally always been about local pride and bragging rights otherwise the dark days of firms, punch ups and hooliganism wouldn't have existed.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
A Tangmere born and raised accent? Bloody Hell, that's a bit specific - I wish I'd heard it. Is it different to Chichester? Or Arundel?

At the end of the day though, it really isn't that important. Nobody, it seems, taught him to support his local team (which would probably have been Pompey), I would imagine, so he had to make a choice.

Sad for him, in my eyes, that his choice was Liverpool, but there you go. His loss.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Saw this guy on the club website with Hughton and then he was introduced on TalkSport this morning as a Brighton fan. As soon as he came on he immediately said to Mickey Quinn that he was massive Liverpool fan and pressed this issue home during the conversation and afterwards was again named as a Brighton fan - obviously a prize tosser.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

What a load of tosh. I was born in Merton. By birth I should be following Wimbledon. However, at the age of 5 I was uprooted to Mid-Sussex where I have remained ever since. Albion fan for 40 years and no way, obviously, a glory hunter.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
What a load of tosh. I was born in Merton. By birth I should be following Wimbledon. However, at the age of 5 I was uprooted to Mid-Sussex where I have remained ever since. Albion fan for 40 years and no way, obviously, a glory hunter.

Merton you say ? Better get that ruler out, you could be Palace...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I work with one of the worst 'Liverpool' fans, I also work with another of the worst.

The first is Sussex born and bred, 47 years old, but has only visited Anfield twice (about 20 odd years ago), but has a subscription to the Liverpool Echo, and will quote all kinds of facts and figures that only a saddo should know.

The second is a true Scouse (steals from his mam etc etc), is 50 years old but has lived here for over 30 years. He visits Liverpool regularly, but readily admits to knowing very little about football, but supports the Reds like his life depends upon it. They stick together up there you see.

Overall a pair of the most annoying colleagues possible, support a 'BIG' club but have no idea what football is really about, toxxers!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

This does seem to hold true at the moment, and I have no idea why. I've actually started avoiding my local pub on Sundays now if Liverpool are on the tellybox.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here