Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heartbeat

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brother in law is watching ITV 3 an old heartbeat which is set in 1965. A lady just went into a phone box with the BT logo on the window. I am fairly sure in 1965 they were red phone boxes with no logos on them In fact BT didnt exist as a company. Am I correct!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well considering BT didn't exist until the early 80's I guess that it a bit of a faux pas

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the Enfield haunting had a trimphone that rang like an old black one

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That is what I thought, you often see similar with modern shape cars.

Happens all the time when I visit family in Bexhill.
Leave the modern day London behind and then you enter the twilight zone of Bexhill, modern cars being driven by coffin dodgers from the Jurrasic period :)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Brother in law is watching ITV 3 an old heartbeat which is set in 1965. A lady just went into a phone box with the BT logo on the window. I am fairly sure in 1965 they were red phone boxes with no logos on them In fact BT didnt exist as a company. Am I correct!

Miracles happen. You could be.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Always like when Alf Speedy Ventress manages to out run a blaggers car such as a Mark 1 Jag whilst driving his trusty Ford Anglia !!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
About time the BBC updated the Tardis shirley? Presumably the original concept was that the time-travelling machine would blend seamlessly into the everyday UK background so that nobody would notice it. Not sure what the modern-day equivalent would be. Builders portaloo maybe?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yep, they used to be run by the GPO.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

How does the Pelican crossing in Quadrophenia make you feel? It's at 20:50.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

It would have been the GPO in 1965 , there was a split in 1969 and the telecoms side of the business became Post Office Telephones , it wasn't until 1981 that it became known as British Telecommunications. In 1965 the kiosk would have been of the "Button A/B" or "pay on answer" variety.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is surprising the number of times you see a drama set in a previous time the 50s, 60s 70s or whatever and when they are driving there are cars with more recent models that hadnt come out or later number plates shown

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
It is surprising the number of times you see a drama set in a previous time the 50s, 60s 70s or whatever and when they are driving there are cars with more recent models that hadnt come out or later number plates shown

well you can forgive them for that I suppose

but wearing a watch in Ben Hur is taking the piss

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Have you ever heard of Google, BG?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here