Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone for an NSC C64 Snooker competition

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It has been many, many years since my last retro computer based game on NSC. A combination of things means I don't fancy doing much today other than messing around on the PC and watching the multitude of sport on TV. Sad man that I am, I have been rescuing a few of the type in games from magazines back in the 80s for the Commodore 64 so they can be added to the Gamebase 64 collection which aims to collect every game for the system. Last week I typed in and saved Snooker Strategy - a type in game that lets you choose what ball to try and pot or whether to try and play a snooker. It seems to be working fine but what better way to fully test it than to run a small NSC competition. Very simple and a little bit of fun. All I need is 8 willing players and their preferred strategy.

The game is more a simulation of casual players than professionals. Basically it rolls a dice for each shot and the higher the value of the ball, the more chance of missing. You can also foul or fluke a snooker or choose to try and play a snooker. Here is a sample frame showing how it works.

All I need is 8 willing players and your preferred strategy for going for colours. For example, stay on greens, try for blacks all the time, go for a mix etc. I'll then post videos of the games throughout the afternoon.

Don't know if there is still an appetite for games like this but they used to be popular. So, any takers? First 8 to post their interest and strategy are in.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm in. My strategy is "whack and hope" so I'll go for brown or blue each time.

If it helps I've still got a C64 in the loft...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here