Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Sussex v Warwickshire at Hove, May 24-27

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Warwickshire won the toss and elected to bat

Sussex Team
LWP Wells, CD Nash, Craig Cachopa, EC Joyce*, LJ Wright, HZ Finch, BC Brown†, CJ Jordan, OE Robinson, SJ Magoffin, ME Hobden

Warwickshire Team
V Chopra*, IJ Westwood, IJL Trott, LJ Evans, TR Ambrose†, R Clarke, KHD Barker, JS Patel, A Javid, CJC Wright, WB Rankin

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Can't imagine that when Warwickshire won the toss and put us in they thought that overhead cloud would set in.

Jordan and Magoffin both looking dangerous in their first overs.

Injury troubles already in the season - Yardy and Machan both with thigh injurys

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I really do struggle to understand why the calender is as it is? T20 followed by County Game followed by another T20, helps noone

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
totally agree its almost as if the cricket authorities don't have a clue, oh hang on..

I would not class myself as anything other than a casual watcher, but even I can see that if you are switching forms its going to lead to a poorer standard.

You would not see the Rugby Union side playing a league game then to switch back to Union game the following week.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Warwickshire look very dangerous, just waiting to lanch an all out attack.

Sussex CCC have learnt that by putting on a beer festival - fans can be completely out of it by mid afternoon and drown out the poor performances.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Warwickshire look very dangerous, just waiting to lanch an all out attack.

Sussex CCC have learnt that by putting on a beer festival - fans can be completely out of it by mid afternoon and drown out the poor performances.

How much are they stinging you for say, a pint of Harveys ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
BBC Website obviously broken.

Warwickshire won the toss and decided to bat Warwickshire 1st Innings
35 for 2 (14.5 overs)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just been watching a few stoolball videos - Sussex could do worse than sign this bowler up.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'm guessing the rules mean we have to give Robinson to a giant like Surrey or Lancashire when he starts doing well?

Total for 3 (22.3 ovs) 54
Bowler Overs Maidens Runs Wickets
Magoffin 5.0 1 11 0
Jordan 8.0 1 21 0
Robinson 6.3 2 9 3
Hobden 3.0 1 6 0

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just watched that video and wondered Is stoolball played nationally or is just played in Sussex.

The game's popularity has faded since the 1960s, but is still played at a local league level in Sussex, Kent, Surrey and the Midlands. The National Stoolball Association was formed in 1979 to promote and expand stoolball.[1] The game was officially recognised as a sport by the Sports Council in early 2008.[2] The National Stoolball Association changed its name to Stoolball England in 2010 on the advice of the Sports Council and was recognised as the National Governing Body for stoolball in England in 2011. Some variants are still played in some schools. Teams can be ladies only or mixed. There are ladies' leagues in Sussex, Surrey and Kent and mixed leagues in Sussex.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here