Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ika cassilas

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Got booed and whistled at everytime he touched the ball today. This is a man that has spent his whole career at real madrid, and has won everything with the club.
have real madrid got the worst fans in the world ?. They often boo ronaldo who has scored over 300 goals for the club and likely to finish there top scorer ever. Then there's the treatment of bale.
As far as im concerned discusting fan base...

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Like we can judge after Barnes got booed when took a penalty for us!

He didn't get booed, everyone just said " ow no" at the same time. Most noise the amex ever made.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately a victim of his own success. He was one one of the best in the world but sadly over the last 12 - 18 months he has been a shadow of his former self and been responsible for many goals against Real and Spain. Fans are quick to turn on poor performances.and he is now not good enough for top line football. Perhaps he should retire rather than drop down in standard. I wouldnt want him to even sign for us now.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If you get into a mentality where your team must be the best in the world and anything short of that is complete failure, then I expect you'd end up like on of these "fans". Personally I like to watch and support my local team and hope they provide me with a reasonable standard of entertainment. I hate what is happeneing at the higher end of the football pyramid - the problem is that the same people are trying to over-influence the grass roots at the bottom end of the pyramid - so I don't hold out much hope for the future of football.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Unfortunately a victim of his own success. He was one one of the best in the world but sadly over the last 12 - 18 months he has been a shadow of his former self and been responsible for many goals against Real and Spain. Fans are quick to turn on poor performances.and he is now not good enough for top line football. Perhaps he should retire rather than drop down in standard. I wouldnt want him to even sign for us now.

Really? I strongly disagree, always been a flapper - protected by a very good Madrid side and an even better Spanish team

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

****ing hell.. :shootself :shootself :shootself

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Really? I strongly disagree, always been a flapper - protected by a very good Madrid side and an even better Spanish team

Im always in the goalkeeper union being an ex keeper.

But at one point he was one of the best keepers/shot stoppers in the world, no doubt about it. He wasn't 'protected' by his defenders. He has seriously declined now, it started when Jose came had that big fall out with him and was it Ramos?

De Gea, Lloris, Neuer and Courtois are probably the best keepers in the world constituency wise, Ive not watched Neuer for a while but I presume hes still in form, his sweeping skills are sketchy at times but hes one of the best for sure. Joe Hart has his days when he does some world class shot stopping too.

Ive been raving about Lloris for a few years now, so Im glad hes starting to get his props. De Gea has been out of this world this season to.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
He now makes more mistakes and pushes the ball back out into the danger area than DS. 3 or 4 years ago any side would have wanted him but not now.

Shock Horror!!!!
BG manages to get his Anti David Stockdale agenda into a thread that has nothing to do with Albion

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Im always in the goalkeeper union being an ex keeper.

But at one point he was one of the best keepers/shot stoppers in the world, no doubt about it. He wasn't 'protected' by his defenders. He has seriously declined now, it started when Jose came had that big fall out with him and was it Ramos?

De Gea, Lloris, Neuer and Courtois are probably the best keepers in the world constituency wise, Ive not watched Neuer for a while but I presume hes still in form, his sweeping skills are sketchy at times but hes one of the best for sure. Joe Hart has his days when he does some world class shot stopping too.

Ive been raving about Lloris for a few years now, so Im glad hes starting to get his props. De Gea has been out of this world this season to.

I wouldn't argue about the shot stopping at times, but I would never call him a great goal keeper due to his all round game.

I would add Begovic to that list, hardly see him make a mistake, and everyone wants a goals scoring keeper!!!

Kane got all the headlines this year, but I could put a very good case for Lloris being Spurs player of the year, it is who I voted for

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I wouldn't argue about the shot stopping at times, but I would never call him a great goal keeper due to his all round game.

I would add Begovic to that list, hardly see him make a mistake, and everyone wants a goals scoring keeper!!!

Kane got all the headlines this year, but I could put a very good case for Lloris being Spurs player of the year, it is who I voted for

Yeah Begovic is a great keeper too, Im not quite sure he would be ranked in the world class level quite yet, he definetly has the potential to though.

I still disagree with Casilas though, I think he also had great distribution as well as shot stopping ability. But I do agree that Lloris could be in with a shout with Spurs player of the year, but I may just side with Kane. But I wouldnt argue with Lloris.

Take a look at this, breathtaking saves here, granted its obviously biased haha

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
The story of Cassilas, as a boy, forgetting to enter his dad's ticket in the Spanish lottery, a ticket that would have won his family a few million, is the stuff of legend. Imagine having that hanging over you.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here