Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can you accidently send an email to a random newspaper?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Autofill on Outlook I guess. I've sent emails to the wrong people because of it before.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Don't see what the fuss is about - if is part of their job to investigate and plan for these things. It would be a bigger cock-up if the UK left the EU and only then the BoE started looking at the effects.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
To Sports Agent Provocateur

I can confirm that Raheem Sterling has 'allegedly' signed a contract to sign for Accrington Stanley.

Regards

Harry Crud

Ooooooooooh sh*t think that email has gone to the Sunn :)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It does sound a bit strange, especially as The Guardian was in receipt of it. I guess these things happen.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
I would imagine it was leaked on purpose, made to look like a mistake to give it more credibility. They've probably learned a thing or two from the Scottish referendum. Get ready for all the scare stories :bla:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Its all part of the pro-EU propaganda campaign. There wont be a balanced debate on IN/OUT and the sheeple will be guided into putting their X in the "correct" box.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Its all part of the pro-EU propaganda campaign. There wont be a balanced debate on IN/OUT and the sheeple will be guided into putting their X in the "correct" box.

Whereas the brave, informed visionaries will vote yes to leaving the EU as they will be the only ones in possession of all the facts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No way was that accidental. On the same day David Cameron just happens to be at the EU Summit? Sorry, but these things DON'T just happen.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Whereas the brave, informed visionaries will vote yes to leaving the EU as they will be the only ones in possession of all the facts.

The problem is no-one will be able to make an informed decision because Cameron wants us to stay in whether or not he comes back from Brussels waving a piece of paper (with all the concessions) in his hands as he gets off the plane. He'll make Neville Chamberlain look like a master negotiator.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Hardly a random newspaper and isn't it likely that the Bank of England have the email address of all the press in their outlook address book or whatever program they use. Possible that the email was being sent to a whole host of people and someone didn't double check as the addressee auto completed! Of course it could also be an 'accidental' leak!!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The problem is no-one will be able to make an informed decision because Cameron wants us to stay in whether or not he comes back from Brussels waving a piece of paper (with all the concessions) in his hands as he gets off the plane. He'll make Neville Chamberlain look like a master negotiator.

Of course he wants us to stay in, as will the leader of Labour, Lib Dems or any other party that may have to deal with any of the fallout of us leaving. This is the beginning of one of the greatest 'Stating the bleedin obvious' campaigns in UK history.

It really is only the politicians that have no chance of power and individuals whose grasp of economics extends to 'Let's compare an entire continent's economy to going shopping on a friday with my pay packet' who will shout about wanting out. Empty vessels etc

Plus it's obvious what will happen, in addition to the politicians, all the economists, business leaders, people with an economics GCSE will come out and explain the outcome of leaving. The same people who always want their opinion to be heard but can't be arsed to read a manifesto (UKIP voters) will shout long and loud - see Soulman, Pretty Pink Fairy, Bashlsdir etc. (I feel I've left someone out, but they'll be along in a minute)

Eventually we will get to the vote somewhere between 60-70% to stay in, Nige will resign, unresign etc. We will have wasted a good few million and be back where we started with the same people shouting just as loud.

Feel free to Bounce after the vote - I'm off to the seafront for a coffee

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
People really don't think emails can be sent accidentally. I once accidentally got sent the salaries of every person in the company - that certainly made interesting reading (particularly as I could use the info as ammo for my salary review). And one of my colleagues sent an email criticising her colleague to that very same colleague.

I've sent emails accidentally loads of time - it's really easy to do. People who say it's not likely are either very inexperienced email users or work in places where everyone is extremely careful

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Of course he wants us to stay in, as will the leader of Labour, Lib Dems or any other party that may have to deal with any of the fallout of us leaving. This is the beginning of one of the greatest 'Stating the bleedin obvious' campaigns in UK history.

It really is only the politicians that have no chance of power and individuals whose grasp of economics extends to 'Let's compare an entire continent's economy to going shopping on a friday with my pay packet' who would shout about wanting out.

Plus it's obvious what will happen, in addition to the politicians, all the economists, business leaders, people with an economics GCSE will come out and explain the outcome of leaving. The same people who always want their opinion to be heard but can't be arsed to read a manifesto (UKIP voters) will shout long and loud - see Soulman, Pretty Pink Fairy, Bashlsdir etc.

Eventually we will get to the vote somewhere between 60-70% in vote, Nige will resign, unresign etc. We will have wasted a good few million and be back where we started.

(Feel free to Bounce) - I'm off to the seafront for a coffee

So if we left the EU none of the member states would do business with us and we would be dependent on trade with former British Commonwealth nations ? Being a signatory to the World Trade Organisation (previously GATT which we signed up to in 1948) is totally worthless ? We joined a Common Market in 1973 based on trade and co-operation , this referendum is also about the EU turning into a federalist behemoth with no restraints.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
People really don't think emails can be sent accidentally. I once accidentally got sent the salaries of every person in the company - that certainly made interesting reading (particularly as I could use the info as ammo for my salary review). And one of my colleagues sent an email criticising her colleague to that very same colleague.

I've sent emails accidentally loads of time - it's really easy to do. People who say it's not likely are either very inexperienced email users or work in places where everyone is extremely careful

then I would suggest that those in the Bank of England were not that careful,maybe there should be an internal inquiry, or on the other hand it was a deliberate action and strange it was the Guardian and not the daily Snail

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Hey, @bigboy76, I'll meet you outside the public toilet at Pavilion Gardens at 7:30.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here